Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Legal » What is a negative fact (not merely a rumor or gossip) that you found out about an employer or company after you no longer worked there?

What is a negative fact (not merely a rumor or gossip) that you found out about an employer or company after you no longer worked there?

Examples: embezzlement, alcoholism, tax cheat, criminal past, was involved in corporate espionage against rival businesses, dumping of hazardous materials, had refused to promote you yet blamed it on someone else, was a vampire, was a cyborg, was a minor, was in the Witness Protection Program, recorded every word you and others said in every meeting and was writing a book about all of you without permission, claimed someone else was at fault, scamming customers, the stock options were a front for money-laundering, fake credentials or faked diplomas, secret family, was being investigated by authorities, hid illiteracy for years, had a crush on you for months on end, knowingly bought substandard materials to cut costs and cut corners, was all mobbed up, was a member of AnswerBag and then AnswerMug and had stalked you on both of them using various sockpuppets, the mystery meat in the cafeteria was Solent Green, had talked about you behind your back, never really sent out the reference letters to your new employer, a favored employee turned out to be a close relative of a manager yet it was kept secret, bodies were hidden in the third sub-basement, was in the country illegally, faulty wiring had not really caused that mysterious fire a few years earlier, it was deliberately set for insurance fraud, none of the company cars had insurance on them, had a gang tattoo, was using falsified business  licenses, disliked sandwiches, was a mind-reader and knew everything that you would not want known . . .
~

Posted - September 15, 2021

Responses

Company I worked for was taken over by a multinational. The new owner was NOT a good corporate citizen, the company was being "milked" from the word go and about 12 months after I left they closed the doors for the last time as only a shell remained. The multinational then quit Australia owing millions. Chances are the directors simply started up another shelf company and are still engaged in this form of corporate ba$tardry.
      September 16, 2021 9:25 PM MDT

I'd already figured a good bit of it out, which is why I left. At least a couple of things you mentioned above were applicable, and more. 
      September 17, 2021 8:35 PM MDT