Active Now

DannyPetti
Randy D
Discussion » Questions » Family » Would this be bad?

Would this be bad?

Lately our Grandson has been getting pretty sad because his big sister beats him at every game they play. So I have been thinking of putting a little Play-doh on the spring of his Rock Em Sock Em Robot then push the head back down. That will make it next to impossible for his sister to knock the block of his robot and he will start feeling better. Cheers and happy weekend! 

Posted - November 5, 2021

Responses

Yeah, I don't think I'd do that. Seems like cheating to me, and if you were discovered, it wouldn't teach a positive lesson.
    Instead, I would talk with the sister about the importance of being a gracious winner and possibly giving her brother a slight break once in a while to boost his morale. Maybe not trying quite as hard on occasion, but not in an obvious way. 

Cheers and happy weekend! 

November 5, 2021 6:43 PM MDT

I can see now that it would be bad and it was making me wonder if I deserve my Worlds Greatest Grandpa mug. But then I started thinking no you are the Worlds greatest Grandpa because you would never tell your Grandkids what you use your Easy Bake Oven for. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at November 8, 2021 7:07 PM MST
      November 6, 2021 11:54 AM MDT

One of these days those grandkids will love hearing about Grandpa's medicine! Cheers! 
      November 8, 2021 7:08 PM MST

Well it is more of a recreational thing for me not medicine so I will tell them nothing about it until they are 35 or so. Cheers!
      November 8, 2021 7:54 PM MST

Hehehe! 
      November 9, 2021 8:47 PM MST

I don’t think it would be good.  I try to teach my own kids to win fairly without cheating, so I’m just not going to rig things to guarantee an equal outcome.  Actually, if my parents or my parents-in-law did that, which I don’t think any of them would do, I’d have a talk with them about it.

I don’t really think that teaches them anything good.  I have twins, a son and a daughter, and they both want to be number one at everything, but they‘re both talented at different things so they’re just not going to beat each other at every single thing.

Right now I’m just trying to teach them not to throw temper tantrums when one beats the other at a game.  Rock ‘Em Sock ‘Em Robots is fun, but it isn’t the only game in the world, so maybe try some other games.  If your grandson naturally excels at something else, it’ll give him that much-needed morale boost.
      November 5, 2021 10:54 PM MDT

I will be going into town today and I am planning on buying some more Christmas presents for the Grandkids. I am going to include a bunch of games that they can play together with and odds are there will be one that the Grandson will win at. Cheers and happy weekend!
      November 6, 2021 12:02 PM MDT

Nope not a good idea, I know all you want to do is make your grandson happy but all you would be doing is teaching him to cheat, maybe this is a good chance for you to teach them how to lose graciously. Cheers and happy weekend
      November 6, 2021 7:27 AM MDT

Yeah I am not going to do that now and I am also not going to do the battery thing I was considering.  I got the Grandkids a couple of remote control Radical Racers and I was thinking about putting some cheep batteries in the Granddaughters car and some real good ones in the Grandsons cars so that he wold win more races. But now I know that that would be bad too. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at November 6, 2021 12:23 PM MDT
      November 6, 2021 12:22 PM MDT

Where did you get a Rock-em Sock-em robot? I want one. And an Easy Bake Oven.
      November 6, 2021 10:36 AM MDT

When I was 5 in '65, the girl I visited down the street made little cakes in one and offered me pink lemonade. She played guitar "Blowing In The Wind" in class and laughed at my baby pictures. She said in 72' that she go to a pancake bash with me but I didn't. I regret not having made her my friend and and now I am permanently insane. After that refusal I lost it slowly and became nobody she became somebody and now look what happened! I could have married an Italian!
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at November 6, 2021 10:48 AM MDT
      November 6, 2021 10:40 AM MDT

November 6, 2021 10:49 AM MDT

They still sell them in stores. I have a Easy Bake Oven that I use for making weed oil. Cheers and  happy weekend!
      November 6, 2021 10:41 AM MDT

Would you like to share that recipe?
      November 6, 2021 1:17 PM MDT

The recipe is ISO and weed. But the fun part is making it when a friend is comeing over. A couple of minutes before they walk through the door you set a egg timer and when the timer goes off you say - oh the weed oil is ready and you walk over to the Easy Bake Oven and take the oil out then everybody laughs. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      November 6, 2021 1:32 PM MDT

Going to have to try that, I think I still have my daughter's Easy-Bake oven in the basement packed away
      November 6, 2021 2:28 PM MDT

Good but it would be a good idea to Google how to make weed oil so that you do it safely. Cheers and happy weekend!  
      November 6, 2021 6:17 PM MDT

You can still buy rock-em-sock-em robots on Amazon also easy bake ovens :)
      November 6, 2021 1:15 PM MDT