Active Now

Spunky
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » What do you think about Russia testing a missile in space?

What do you think about Russia testing a missile in space?

Russia just tested a missile in space and blew up one of their  satellites.  I think it is going to start a new Cold War and put other satellites and the people on the space station in danger from the debris field it created. Cheers!

Posted - November 18, 2021

Responses

I'm more concerned about the Chinese stated goal of building a base on the moon.
    Couple that with their research into railguns, the fact they aren't party to weapon treaties, their possessiveness of international waters to the point of building military installations, and their intention to "reclaim" Taiwan ... and it's a BAD idea to allow them the ultimate military high ground.
      November 19, 2021 8:21 AM MST

There are days when I', very happy to be old.
      November 19, 2021 9:23 AM MST

The debris is what bothers me. We need to do something about the amount of junk already in orbit, not add to it.
      November 19, 2021 3:55 PM MST

On the other hand, if we get enough debris up there it makes ICBM success improbable.  lol
      November 22, 2021 8:00 AM MST

i honestly always admired russia and how putin kinda do a great job. They have strong missiles/drones ( as proved in syria for example ). But i hope they dont mess up too much when testing
      November 20, 2021 2:11 PM MST