Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Religion and Spirituality » Would the world be better if God had more than one son and a couple of daughters?

Would the world be better if God had more than one son and a couple of daughters?

Posted - November 26, 2021

Responses

I just feel inclined to think so but I am not sure exactly what makes me think that way. It might be hard for Jesus to remain free of sin with siblings to contend with all the time.
      November 26, 2021 11:38 AM MST

One of the texts left out of the New Testament allegedly tells stories of Jesus before his ministry in his 30s.
    Allegedly, as a child he used his powers against other children.  (as any "normal" kid would do with super powers)
      November 29, 2021 3:06 PM MST

Yeah well long as nobody told him not to do that then he's not in trouble for disobedience. The brat!
      November 29, 2021 4:34 PM MST

Yeah, but I can see Jesus and His three sisters Marcia, Jan and Cindy.
    And frustrated Jan saying to Mary and Joseph, "Well, all I hear all day long at school is how great Jesus is at this, or how wonderful Jesus did that. Jesus, Jesus, Jesus . . . "
      November 26, 2021 8:08 PM MST

Imagine them at the dinner table: Oh yeah? My water into wine is better than your water into wine!
      November 27, 2021 3:33 AM MST

He already sent the one he had to die on a cross.  Could you imagine what he would‘ve done to the other kids if he would’ve had more of them?  

Things God’s kids probably wouldn’t want to hear from their Dad: You thought the way your brother died was bad….
      November 27, 2021 3:29 AM MST

God does have more than one son and a couple of daughters but only one begotten Son. In an amazing display of His love and mercy, the Father is pleased to make us (born-again men and women) His children. 

"Behold what manner of love the Father has bestowed on us, that we should be called children of God"! (1 John 3:1)

God gave His only begotten Son to die in our place so that we might be adopted as sons (Ephesians 1:5; cf. Galatians 4:4–5). As children of God, we have a place of glory with Jesus Christ. And because God has adopted Christians (born-again men and women) the world is a better place.

"The Spirit Himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and joint-heirs with Christ, if indeed we suffer with Him, that we may be glorified together". (Romans 8:16-17)  

November 28, 2021 5:16 AM MST