Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Shopping » Have you ever experienced an incident of some sort while shopping in a store?

Have you ever experienced an incident of some sort while shopping in a store?

I had a cart that I was loading with groceries then, since the place was a bit crowded I parked my cart and left it to walk over to pick some items then when I returned to where I'd lefi it, there it was.. gone! I walked around till I spotted the cart I was quite sure was mine but that a little elderly Chinese lady had taken possession of. "Mine!" I said pointing at the cart then pointing at myself, I was sure she knew no English. She looked at me like I was just some looney caucasian person. She was determined the cart was hers, no ifs ands or buts. Anyway I remembered that I had loaded the daily newspaper first thing into my cart so I dug it out from the bottom and when she saw it she relented somewhat.. so now see if I can help her find her own cart. Found it shortly, problem solved and we lived happily ever after.

Posted - December 23, 2021

Responses

Er, um, all people experience incidents of some sort every time they do anything at all. An incident can be either positive or negative, exciting or boring, minuscule or magnificent, mundane or extraordinary, scary or everyday, etc. 
    ~

December 23, 2021 6:12 AM MST

I agree but that is not answering the question.
      December 23, 2021 6:23 AM MST

Yes, I have always experienced incidents every single time I experienced an incident, including every time I’ve ever shopped for anything.
    ~
      December 23, 2021 6:25 AM MST

Thank you; that's performance!
      December 23, 2021 6:27 AM MST

December 23, 2021 9:57 AM MST

I was out shopping in a major department store when The power went out.
      December 23, 2021 6:21 AM MST

That could be interesting..
      December 23, 2021 7:05 AM MST

It was really weird, children were crying and women were screaming..... Just kidding :)
      December 23, 2021 10:25 AM MST

Yeah once I saw a crack head in the store trying to steal stuff so I told him that the Sudzey is in Isle 3 and he tried to punch me (sudzey is a  ingredient to make crack). Cheers!
      December 23, 2021 9:10 AM MST

Since you hadn't paid for the items, what's the big whoop? All you lost was the time it would take to get another cart and refill it. To me, it's not big enough to dwell on. There are many worse things in life.
      December 23, 2021 9:28 AM MST

Such as a missing punctuation mark?
      December 23, 2021 12:48 PM MST

None in my post.
      December 23, 2021 5:13 PM MST

One time I saw a rodent scurrying across the aisle in the grocery store so I went to customer service and let them know.  She asked if it was in the soft drink aisle (it was) and informed me that it happens all the because the critters come in on the pallets. Now I cringe when I see someone put a can to their lips.

I also have a grocery cart story. I was pushing the cart when I  looked down and realized that some of the items didn't look familiar.  I looked over my shoulder and saw a lady looking very confused. She was looking all around for her cart. As soon as her head was turned, I grabbed my original cart and left the other one in its place. She was even more confused when her cart was right where she left it.
      December 23, 2021 12:47 PM MST

Very good! That is kind of funeee.
      December 23, 2021 1:13 PM MST

In yours, on the other hand, there are two commas missing in your first sentence alone, after time and store.
      December 23, 2021 5:15 PM MST