Active Now

Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » General » Life & Society » What foreign country do you relate to more so than any, other than your own?

What foreign country do you relate to more so than any, other than your own?

I relate to USA more than any other country (except my own country) because I like to follow the antics of America's political people, America dealing with the covid bug and economic situation.

Posted - December 31, 2021

Responses

New Zealand. If I could afford it, I would consider moving there.
      December 31, 2021 11:16 PM MST

I suppose it would be Canada because they speak English and have the values that we (used to) hold dear.
      January 1, 2022 12:18 AM MST

Canada...my grandmother was from Halifax.
      January 1, 2022 7:13 AM MST

Bluenose!
      January 1, 2022 9:29 PM MST

Eh.
      October 8, 2022 4:09 PM MDT

Interesting question, I’ve never even thought about this concept before, so after putting my mind to it right now, I’ve come up with the answer. 

Having learned to speak Spanish, and now after I have lived in San Diego, California for many years, l have by extension learned a lot about the people, customs, culture, history, geography and politics of the country of Mexico. 

I have been to more than twenty countries in the world, and a couple of them I lived in for extended periods of time. Similar with my experience with Mexico that I outlined above, I have connections with some of those twenty-plus countries, but Mexico, being within less than an hour’s drive from me and being my neighbor for so long has made its connection stronger than the others.

~

October 8, 2022 4:17 PM MDT