Active Now

Spunky
Danilo_G
Malizz
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » What have you done for the wild life latally?

What have you done for the wild life latally?

For the last couple of days I have been seeing a pair of young quail looking for a nice place to raise a family. But maybe because they are still young they always start wondering into cat ally. So when I see them heading that way I throw a pine cone a few feet in front of them and sometimes I also make vicious cat sounds like pssssssssssssst  pssssssssssssst  pssssssssssssst. Quail are usally easy pickings for cats so I don't want the quail getting too comfortable around here. Cheers and happy weekend! 

Posted - April 15, 2022

Responses

I belong to World Wildlife Fund.  
      April 15, 2022 3:13 PM MDT

“lataly”?
      “wondering”?

April 15, 2022 4:21 PM MDT

I keep my cats indoors so they aren't tempted to get the birds who sleep in the nearby bushes. 
      April 15, 2022 6:18 PM MDT

I used to have a problem with my cat killing birds. I tried putting bells on her but she learned to hunt silently even with bells on.  So I trained my dog to interrupt her hunting. He gets in front of her and barks when she goes into her hunting mod or he will chase away the birds and rabbits she is stalking. Cheers and happy weekend! 

April 15, 2022 6:30 PM MDT

A bell is a good idea however the birds can't see at night that's why they stay in one place. 
      April 15, 2022 7:11 PM MDT

I've listened to it and enjoyed it.

:)

("Wild Wild Life"     Talking Heads)

This post was edited by WelbyQuentin at April 15, 2022 8:04 PM MDT
      April 15, 2022 8:04 PM MDT