Discussion » Questions » Politics » State makes it a crime to be in possession of more than 2 ballots. Should this law be expanded to all 50 states?

State makes it a crime to be in possession of more than 2 ballots. Should this law be expanded to all 50 states?

Posted - April 23, 2022

Responses

I do not like mandatory voting.  But I do like automatic  registration at the DMV when you get your ID.  And then of course you should be required to show that ID to vote.  (I am fine with there being no charge for the ID if that is what it takes to get it passed)
      April 24, 2022 2:52 PM MDT

It is easy.  Get your ID, register to vote and then go to the polling station to vote. (Give the ID free if needed)
    Nearly every other country in the WORLD requires photo ID to vote....US should join them. 

There should be many stations to vote. Use paper ballots. If the line gets long setup another table so more people can vote at one time.  The fact, that people in large cities have to wait for hours to vote is a failure of their local government.   Which as you said is normally controlled by Democrats.  

I disagree about fraud being proven. As I said people are on video, stuffing the drop box. They took picts of themselves dropping the ballots. Then RETURNED again and again with more ballots.  Same people over and over again. Some were even filmed in more than one state dropping ballots. 

April 24, 2022 3:05 PM MDT

No, I didn't say that the states where voters have to stand on long lines to vote are controlled by Democrats.  That's what you would like to believe.  
      April 24, 2022 3:30 PM MDT

It is large cities which are likely to have long lines to vote.  We have discussed before that it is local politicians who are in charge of deciding where and how many polling stations an area will have.  We all know that those local politicians in those big cities are almost always Dems.  That is just a fact. 
      April 24, 2022 4:05 PM MDT

Spunker, haven't you figured out that all of this is a desperate attempt at explaining why Trump lost, other than the simple and obvious - that more people in swing states voted for Biden? It all stems from Trump's inability and unwillingness to accept defeat. It's all crap.
      April 24, 2022 1:20 PM MDT

I have.  I'm just wondering how much longer it will take for those wearing blinders will see it, too.
      April 24, 2022 1:51 PM MDT

I have  supported in person with photo ID, paper ballots long before Trump ever ran for office. 

Some others here did as well. I remember  one user posted that we should follow Iraq lead and have everyone dip their  thumb in ink after voting to ensure a fair election.  I also would be fine with  that as well. 
      April 24, 2022 2:50 PM MDT

Elections need to be conducted in a way so that no accusations of fraud could reasonably be made.  This sounds like a question of where to draw the line.  

If someone returns a ballot for their spouse and maybe another close family member, that’s probably okay, but it’s also possible that they were all filled out by the same person without the approval of their spouse or other close family member.

If someone pulls up in a van with a suitcase full of ballots, that just looks really bad.  It’s possible that it’s entirely legit, but there’s a much higher chance of fraud.  

If someone wearing sunglasses at 2:00 in the morning stuffs a drop box, it’s possible that those were all ballots filled out by different legal voters, but allowing that’s just asking for accusations of voter fraud.

This post was edited by Livvie at April 24, 2022 3:04 PM MDT
      April 24, 2022 10:04 AM MDT

Many states already have laws against "ballot harvesting"....dropping off a bunch of other people's ballots for them at a unmanned ballot drop box. (Even if they were filled out by the actual voter) 

Personally,  I think each individual voter should be responsible for getting their ballot to the pile station. (Not drop box) Absentee ballot must be requested by the voter (ID required) and then returned by that voter to a manned return station (courthouse or somewhere similar) where they return it and again ID is checked at time of return for everyone with few exceptions. ie. Overseas military/citizens and those with health issues preventing in person voting. 

Everyone else in person voting with picture ID day of election.   Require enough polling stations that no one has to wait in line for hours....that is stupid.  Paper ballots.  If line gets long....set up another table for people to use.

There where several people filmed returning to unmanned Dropboxes multiple times with several ballots each time. The droppers took photos of themselves making the drops. Thus is obvious fraud. 

April 24, 2022 1:04 PM MDT