Discussion » Questions » Legal » What do you think about Trump being held in contempt of court ?

What do you think about Trump being held in contempt of court ?

Today a judge held Donald Trump in contempt of court for failing to turn over records being sought as part of a civil probe into Trump’s business practices. He was fined 10.000 dollars for each day that he doesn't produce the files. I think it will show him that he is not above the law. Cheers!

Posted - April 25, 2022

Responses

If he isn't in jail like the rest of us would be, it's all meaningless.
      April 25, 2022 12:29 PM MDT

The trick will be to get him to pay the fine.  Of course, I guess he can always start a new social site and look for backers and use that money.
      April 25, 2022 12:36 PM MDT

Well I think it will be easier to get him to pay the fines than him starting a new social site to look for backers. He has already had 3 failed  social sites - odds are a 4th will  fail too. I think him getting charged will show all the other Trump people that they had better start compiling with court orders. And I think we are about to start  seeing a lot of them selling each other out because they know the evidence will be brought out so they better protect their behinds. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at April 26, 2022 8:23 PM MDT
      April 25, 2022 1:06 PM MDT

I believe there are still a great many Trump followers who would be happy to back a new social site of his.  Let's face it, his record of bankruptcies is well known to the entire country, yet people voted for him anyway and continue to funnel money to his "causes."  I do agree with you that his sycophants will start selling each other out to lessen their possible punishments.  These are not people of great moral character or loyalty when they think about wearing orange jumpsuits.
      April 26, 2022 8:26 PM MDT

At his last rally Trump started talking about his Truth social site but it took him 3 tries to say the word truth (he kept saying things like tra social or trish social). It was like his brain couldn't bring its self to say truth. Cheers!
      April 26, 2022 8:54 PM MDT

His brain can't say "truth" because he doesn't have a brain.
      April 26, 2022 9:07 PM MDT

What 3 failed social sites has Trump owned?
      April 27, 2022 6:05 AM MDT

Trump had 2 failed blogs and now Truth Social is more or less dead. 2 sad things about Truth Social is they used  open source coding from a few business and did not give credit like agreed so those businesses could force Truth Social  to stop using it. The extra sad part is some of the open source coding they used was from a Chinese business that has a history of including back doors in the coding so it is likely that the computers/phones of all  the people on Truth Social  have been or will be hacked. Cheers!
      April 27, 2022 7:54 AM MDT

A blog is not a social site. Truth is not dead. It is the #1 app in the Apple app store. 
      April 27, 2022 7:14 PM MDT

I think Hillary should be charged and tried for treason, they should leave poor President Trump alone.
      April 25, 2022 3:53 PM MDT

Hillary has nothing to do with this.
      April 25, 2022 5:37 PM MDT

Does not change that SHE and her campaign are who actually colluded with a foreign national who was working with Russia. 
      April 25, 2022 6:30 PM MDT

But she's not in legal trouble, and she is not responsible for anything Trump did. That would be like blaming George McGovern for Watergate.
      April 25, 2022 6:46 PM MDT

Actually, yes she is. She and her campaign are being investigated by Special Investigator Durham. Criminal charges for lying to the FBI etc.  
    No, she will not be in trouble for anything Trump did, but rather for what she and her campaign did to Trump via lying and supplying false documents to the FBI. 
      April 25, 2022 7:02 PM MDT

Then let's see what they have and cross that bridge when we get to it.
      April 25, 2022 7:12 PM MDT

It would be nice if people had/have that attitude when the topic is investigations of Trump.  
      April 25, 2022 7:26 PM MDT

It’s not a big deal to me. Hillary is one thing and Trump is another.
      April 25, 2022 7:53 PM MDT

He will always find a way to wiggle out of being held accountable. But you're right, it might scare a few other people into complying.
      April 25, 2022 5:19 PM MDT

Civil suit.....it will end up thrown out. 

It is about evaluations for bank loans vs insurance values.   Banks do not take your word for the evaluation of collateral for loans.  
    Insurance companies also do not take your word for evaluation of insured assets.  

If they differ, it is because of the appraisers used by the bank and the insurance companies.
      April 25, 2022 6:28 PM MDT

$10k is pocket change for His Royal Orangeness, and he'll end up bilking his besotted supporters for it as usual.
      April 25, 2022 10:36 PM MDT

Even if the fine was only $1 a day Trump would whine about it and claim it is all just a witch hunt. $10K might not be much to Trump but if you start totaling it with all the other law suits he is losing and all the other court  fees he will be paying for the people he tried to sue (he was just made to pay $300.000 to a former aid) plus all the bank loans that will be due it could bankrupt him. I am living for the day that I can sing a Dylan song to him -

Once upon a time you dressed so fine threw the bums a dime in your prime, didn't you? People call say beware doll, you're bound to fall - you thought they were all kidding you. You used to laugh about everybody that was hanging out - now you don't talk so loud now you don't seem so proud about having to be scrounging your next meal. How does it feel? Cheers! 
      April 26, 2022 9:32 AM MDT