Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Just what powers does the Department of Homeland Security's new "Disinformation Governance Board" going to have over Americans?

Just what powers does the Department of Homeland Security's new "Disinformation Governance Board" going to have over Americans?

Should America have such a government program a "Ministry of Truth"?

Posted - April 30, 2022

Responses

Maybe they will have the power to set up digital road side signs (like those amber alert signs) but they will be called Whopper alerts. Then ever time a politician try's to spread disinformation there would be a whooper alert.  I think ever country should have a Ministry of Truth. Cheers and happy weekend!
      April 30, 2022 9:06 AM MDT

"(It’s also worth noting that the Trump administration’s DHS undertook similar efforts; in 2018 it created the Cybersecurity and Infrastructure Security Agency, which dealt extensively with the spread of misinformation online — including both foreign interference in elections and the domestic spread of coronavirus misinformation. White House press secretary Jen Psaki said the new board would be “a continuation of the work of the former president” when asked about it Friday.)"

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/2022/04/29/disinformation-governance-board-dhs/

So, it was OK when Trump proposed something like this, but it's not OK when the Democrats propose it?
      April 30, 2022 9:38 AM MDT

From 2019: The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) views foreign interference as malign actions taken by foreign governments or actors designed to sow discord, manipulate public discourse, discredit the electoral system, bias the development of policy, or disrupt markets for the purpose of undermining the interests of the United States and its allies.

So is it just about securing our elections from foreign interference?  Somehow I do not believe that....but if it is then good for Biden.

....Covid is not about securing our elections so nope, I do not believe Psaki.  

We will see IF they stick to Foreign  "Disinformation" or if they go after US citizens who disagree with their "offical" story.  

ie. Those who disagree with the safety of the covid clot shots. Or those who want elections laws strengthened. Or does not think we should be in Ukraine. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at April 30, 2022 7:37 PM MDT
      April 30, 2022 7:36 PM MDT