Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Finance » What are some of the silly things you might do if you had more money than you could WISELY spend?*

What are some of the silly things you might do if you had more money than you could WISELY spend?*

*This is not about benevolent, philanthropic, generous, admirable, positive, sensible, thoughtful, sane and caring things a person might do with a too much money situation. It’s the exact opposite.

For my part, I’m eyeing a 48,000+ acre parcel of land where I’ll have a tilde-themed amusement park built, or I’ll pay to have all the women of a certain demo graphic whose first names begin with the letter J and who live in a particular northern state and city that begin with the letter M rounded up and entered into a database in order to narrow down my search parameters for my snuggle buggle, or I’d . . . 

Posted - April 30, 2022

Responses

Buy designer clothing for my dogs. 

Fly to San Diego and check out the basement apartment I'm always hearing about. 
    .... Wait, that's not silly, that's outright STUPID! 

April 30, 2022 7:39 AM MDT

Wait, wait, wait, wait! You’re a millionairess, you can now well afford to pursue offbeat dreams that have tortured your longings lo these many years! Don’t deny yourself the opportunity to delve into this wicked pleasure, this gnawing curiosity, this divine quirk in your soul!

April 30, 2022 7:54 AM MDT

Typo alert. Calm yourself. 
      April 30, 2022 8:03 AM MDT

Fake news; there’s no typo in there! Falsely accusing someone of a grammar-related offense is a violation of law.

Please come along with me, Miss, I’m taking you to Police Headquarters Randall’s Red Room. You have the right to remain silent about all the things you and I are about to do to each other. Anything you say about it must be highly complimentary of me. You have the right to select the scented massage oil that you like the best. If you do not select one, I will anoint you with one anyway . . . 

~

April 30, 2022 9:59 PM MDT

LOL!
      May 1, 2022 7:39 AM MDT

A cuppa might be in order first. (a cup of tea) 
      May 1, 2022 9:37 AM MDT

I would go to Australia and hunt venomous snakes.
      April 30, 2022 8:26 AM MDT

Most of them are protected species.
      April 30, 2022 11:56 PM MDT

I would rescue them, of course.
      May 1, 2022 7:56 AM MDT

Oh yes! a trip to Australia sounds wonderful.  I'd rather hunt pictographs, hang out with the tribes and watch them paint. 
      May 1, 2022 7:27 AM MDT

Have (new) $100 bills sewed together to make sheets and pillowcases, and overlaid on blankets.  Sure, it might cost a bit to have it done, but I'm worth it. 
      April 30, 2022 10:56 AM MDT

I would buy a church or have one built for a ministry that looks after the poor. Complete with a kitchen and dining area.  The minister and his wife have a big vision of how they want to help the people in their area.  They need help in fulfilling their vision.  Additionally his assistant pastor who is a single parent to a little girl;  He is one of the few preachers I've run across in my long life that truly is anointed to preach the right way.  Whatever he needs or wants would not be too much including helping him find a wife. These are two people who change many lives by their giving.  There is a cashier that works at a grocery store that does not have any teeth.  She has been there at least 10 years, I'd get her teeth if she wants them. I'd take a tire truck to my church one Sunday and provide tires to those who need them.  The same with broken windshields.  Or/ have the pastor give out coupons to those who need tires to get new ones. That's all I can think of right now.   

First Aid kits and medical supplies for the Ukrainians, they are needed badly.
    The rescue of animals in Zoos who are starving to death right at this moment. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at April 30, 2022 10:33 PM MDT
      April 30, 2022 11:37 AM MDT

(Sigh.)

*This is not about benevolent, philanthropic, generous, admirable, positive, sensible, thoughtful, sane and caring things a person might do with a too much money situation. It’s the exact opposite.

April 30, 2022 12:16 PM MDT

Hummm, I really can't think of anything.  I have too much respect for money to ever consider just wasting it.  

UPDATE:

Get a face lift.  :  )  But first I need my teeth done or the facelift will be awful. 

This post was edited by Honey Dew at May 1, 2022 9:43 AM MDT
      April 30, 2022 1:04 PM MDT

April 30, 2022 12:02 PM MDT

I'm undecided but, I would either build an ice palace in the Sahara Desert or build a tropic beach resort in Antartica.

On second thought, those seem like too much work so, I think I'll just order a $70,000 pizza, eat two slices and throw the rest away.

This post was edited by bevo at May 1, 2022 7:23 PM MDT
      April 30, 2022 12:05 PM MDT

(Incorrect comma placement on two occasions: the comma in the first sentence should be after the word “undecided”, and the comma in the second sentence should be after the word “work”.)

April 30, 2022 12:25 PM MDT

I think I’ll buy my own country where I’ll be in charge.  I’ll name it something like Livviestan.  Of course, I would have to buy part of an existing country since unclaimed lands are in short supply around the world.  I don’t think the US would really miss the southwestern corner so I’ll buy San Diego County and make that Livviestan.  Yeah, that sounds like fun, lol.   It’ll be an awesome place to live!  

Randy?  Randy?  Why are you camping out in front of the Livviestan passport office?  It doesn’t open until Monday morning!

This post was edited by Livvie at May 1, 2022 7:23 PM MDT
      April 30, 2022 2:54 PM MDT

I’m a political refugee seeking to be free of the vile regime run by a crime boss who has been out to get me for years! Help, somebody help me! Big Sister is watching!

~

April 30, 2022 10:04 PM MDT

It’s the harem tax, isn’t it?  I’m sure we can work out a payment plan.  I want Livviestan to be the best place to live, work, raise a family and keep a harem!  I even created a new government ministry to make people believe Livviestan’s the best place to live, work, raise a family and keep a harem or else!

I’m also giving out free sandwiches to everyone!  Are you sure you don’t want to stay?
      April 30, 2022 10:31 PM MDT

Hey, this isn’t a sandwich, it’s just a slice of avocado toast with Vegemite and mayonnaise on it! Grrrrrrrr. 

:(

May 1, 2022 1:42 AM MDT

Hold on, we have a problem.  The Ministry of Truth is telling me that those aren’t really slices of avocado toast with Vegemite and mayonnaise.  They are really ham, turkey or beef sandwiches with cheddar, Swiss or provolone with mustard and without mayo or Vegemite.

May 1, 2022 10:16 AM MDT

“I am Livvie, the Empress Supreme of Livviestan, I rule over my peasant subjects with impunity and vengeful thirst to crush all who even consider disobedience, especially you, you miserable little malcontent Randolph D Randall! Look at me! You cannot resist me, I am all powerful, all-seeing, all-knowing! You must bend to my will! Look deeply into my eyes, lousy crumb! You will eat whatever sandwiches I have placed before you. You will enjoy them. You will love them. Your love for Livvie Cuisine sandwiches will surpass your love of self. Your eyelids are getting heavier and heavier. Nothing will seem or appear to be avocado, mayonnaise, or Vegemite. Your mind will not be able to perceive those substances. You will find every bite delicious and nourishing. You will beg for more. Look into my eyes and obey. Succumb to my will. Your mind becomes mine. You’re getting very sleepy, sleepier than you’ve ever been before. I control your every thought. Sleep, Randolph, sleeeeeeeeeep. When I snap my fingers twice, you will awaken under my spell and eat of the coveted sandwich. Your mind drifts further and further from your own control, you only know obedience to the Empress. Sleep, sleep. All of your brain functions are guided by me. Listen for the snap of my fingers and you are mine. (Next session, we’ll wrestle those tildes away from you.) Grrrrrrr.”

___

May 1, 2022 10:36 AM MDT

Is that what the guy in Room 101 told you?        He didn’t get the script exactly right.  You’ll have to excuse him.  He’s still a trainee.
      May 1, 2022 10:47 AM MDT