Discussion » Questions » Relationships » On line dating sites

On line dating sites

Does anyone know of any good dating sites?

Posted - July 3, 2016

Responses

Noop. Never made use of one.
      July 3, 2016 1:04 PM MDT

Thanks I am thinking about it but I've heard a lot of negative things about them
      July 3, 2016 1:07 PM MDT

I don't think all sites will be as bad, however it will be a good idea being cautious about the ones contacting you. Not all will be genuinely and sincerely interested. It might be me being too suspicious however. All my best for you whatever you choose to do.
      July 3, 2016 1:10 PM MDT

Ride city transit. I know a guy who met a lady on the bus.. married , 2 kids now.
    While he was with this lady he met another and introduced her to a friend. They are living together.
      July 3, 2016 1:13 PM MDT

• Ya who knows...maybe try Match.com it seems to have good reviews.  Thinking of trying that one myself, after a nightmare on POF!

July 3, 2016 1:22 PM MDT

• I've never used them.. Try life .. Just go out and do the things you enjoy doing ... chances are those people around you doing the danger things are just like you ... Friends you just haven't met yet .. Good luck :)
      July 3, 2016 1:28 PM MDT

What would differentiate a "good" online dating site from a "bad" one?

If you go to Dateajerk.com and happen to find the love of your life, what would you care that the rest of the people on the site are horrible?

If you go to Reallycoolsingles.com and happen to end up dating several of the tiny minority of duds on the site, how does the overall quality of the Reallycoolsingles.com clientele benefit you?

You pays your money (or not, in the case of free sites) and you takes your chances.

July 3, 2016 1:29 PM MDT

• For sure don't stop living life and meeting people that way, but it's nice to add another way to maybe meet someone.

July 3, 2016 1:30 PM MDT

All of what you said is true but I've been told that some sites have a lot of people running scams on them
      July 3, 2016 1:47 PM MDT

• Craigslist.com

July 3, 2016 1:49 PM MDT

Have you tried that site or know someone that has?
      July 3, 2016 1:52 PM MDT
  • Bez

No, I don't bother with them.

July 3, 2016 1:59 PM MDT

• I'm all for whatever works
      July 3, 2016 4:08 PM MDT

No personal experience with them, but two friends told me they had terrible experiences with OK Cupid.  Both were contacted by men who purported to be in the military but after a while, their stories didn't ring true, even though they had no military experience themselves.  After a few weeks, each of the men asked them my friends to send them money so they could come home.  You don't just come home from the military when YOU want to. 

From what I've been told, Tinder (I think) is a hook-up site.  Lots of married people looking for a one night stand. 

July 3, 2016 4:33 PM MDT

*Official Disclaimer*

There are bad people on EVERY site. You always have to exercise caution. Be careful who you give your information to and be careful who you meet. Match.com is supposed to be the "safe" one, but it's not. An acquaintance of mine went through that and met a "nice" guy who made lots of money and was going to give her the world. Within a week it was "I love yous" and "Where should we live together?" and "I'm going to buy you a new car when my next deal closes." I warned her. Oh, did I warn her, but she "loved" him. Well, his next check was delayed and then he was "beat up and hospitalized" by a thief who stole the check when it finally did come in and.. oh, the poor dear had his phone stolen and was in a remote area of another state with no way to get back home. If only someone could wire him the funds to come back, so he could meet her and recuperate. *sigh* Her bank account was "hacked" after that and she lost thousands of dollars, which she swears she didn't give him and swears he didn't have the data to get into, but once she was penniless, the death threats started rolling in. Ugh. What a mess. Anyway, don't be stupid.

*My Answer*

I have met some really nice guys online- through AM and through a dead site called Answerbag. I have also used Craig's List- again, nice guys, but you have to weed through a whole lot of crap to find them. There's another one called Brice, which is kind of funny. In order to be able to talk to someone, you have to do a "challenge" chosen by one of you. The challenges all involve photo or video, so you get proof that the person is who they say they are before you talk. ALWAYS be careful, though. 

July 3, 2016 4:41 PM MDT

AM
      July 3, 2016 4:52 PM MDT

• NO!! 

July 3, 2016 9:33 PM MDT

• Holy crap!  That's terrible!!!!  Makes my nightmare seem like a fairy-tale.  YIKES!!! 

July 3, 2016 9:37 PM MDT

•   July 3, 2016 9:38 PM MDT

It was nuts. The guy kept getting new VoIP numbers and texting her threats, up until she changed her number. I don't know what the police ended up doing, but she said they took a report and never did anything for her. They never tracked down who he really was. To this day, she says the money that left her account didn't go to him, but I think she was just trying to save face. 

What happened to you?

July 3, 2016 10:06 PM MDT

Answer Mug.  

There is only one guy though, Billy.  He will date you probably.  I'm not sure, if he wants money first.

Caveat:  THIS IS A JOKE.  Right Billiam?

July 3, 2016 10:12 PM MDT

• Wow...just wow. 

Mine turned out to be a big drinker (no thanks) and a total jerk when he was drinking, I gave him a second chance while he was in rehab but he quit and went on another bender, after a few nasty texts from him I was done, broke up with him for good.  That was around Christmas and he will not leave me alone!  Even showed up at my work with "gifts".  I have had the police involved for harassment but they won't do anything.  I just hope he's harmless...man I watch to much crime TV.  :-/

July 3, 2016 10:20 PM MDT

Oh man. That's bad. I hope he finds something else to grab his attention soon.

July 3, 2016 10:23 PM MDT

• Thank you, me too!

July 3, 2016 10:26 PM MDT