Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Music » Camila Cabello as a judge of singers on some show? I say "No, thanks." :)

Camila Cabello as a judge of singers on some show? I say "No, thanks." :)

(not that she deserved being booed at the Championship League final on May 29 during the ticket fraud strangeness --  and not that she and another singer I dislike, Ed Sheeran, have together recorded a song I like, ha)

Her "Never be the Same" song has caused me to be sick any time I hear what she does with her voice. And I became pretty much a huge non-fan.

For me, that singer whom Slartibartfast often posts (I forget her name but not her voice) deserves to be a singing judge.

Or Christina Perri.

Posted - May 30, 2022

Responses

All "talent quest" type shows should be judged by these guys, to be worth watching.

As for Amira Willighagen, her glorious voice wouldn't necessarily make her a good judge. She'd most likely be a little too soft-hearted, her Stichting Gelükskinders (Lucky Children's Foundation, established initially by her Holland's Got Talent winnings and kept going with donations and a hefty percentage of her earnings - tax deductible of course, her mother who manages her career until her 18th birthday is no fool) does indicate that. She'd be far too kind to those who actually can't cut it.

This post was edited by Slartibartfast at August 5, 2022 8:39 AM MDT
      May 31, 2022 5:03 AM MDT

Very interesting to me, and well-said. Thanks!  :)

And I'd watch anything with those two guys. :)

May 31, 2022 1:39 PM MDT

I’m not familiar with any songs released after the early 1990s or with artists who began releasing music after that time.
    ~

August 26, 2022 5:59 PM MDT

I get irritated with her 'Never Be the Same' right away - but at the 0:54 mark -- I get sick. She's done songs that are okay to me but her style of singing in this one just turns me away.  :)

August 26, 2022 6:04 PM MDT