Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Flint Ironstag
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do you think about the Ohio GOP passing a bill that would allow genital inspecion of children?

What do you think about the Ohio GOP passing a bill that would allow genital inspecion of children?

Ohio House Republicans passed a bill late Tuesday that bans all transgender students from playing high school and college sports and it requires genital exams. Under the bill anyone can accuse anyone of being  transgender and I think the bill will open the door for pervs who just want a peek and maybe take some photos. Included a link to more info. Cheers and happy weekend!

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/news/ohio-house-bans-transgender-students-093052290.html?src=rss

Posted - June 3, 2022

Responses

Not much about that on the network news shows. It sounds ridiculous. Right now the news is covering the teachers having guns in the classrooms if they want. That will probably pass.
      June 3, 2022 9:03 AM MDT

Yeah and some of their justifications for the bill are ridiculous. One guy said he doesn't want his daughter to have to compete against a 7 foot one inch transgender. Cheers and happy weekend! 
      June 3, 2022 9:13 AM MDT

June 3, 2022 9:11 AM MDT

Nothing
      June 3, 2022 9:34 AM MDT

If that's what it takes to keep trans men out of girls sports, then do it.  Girls are at a real disadvantage when competing against men. 
      June 3, 2022 9:40 AM MDT

Well would you feel the same way if someone pointed a finger at your daughter and claimed she was a transgender. Then your daughter had to submit to a genital inspection. As far as I know the inspection doesn't have to be done by a medical doctor - I think it is left to the school to decide who does the inspection. So maybe the inspection will be done by a janitor in the furnace room. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 3, 2022 8:44 PM MDT
      June 3, 2022 9:52 AM MDT

OMG, in that case they need to include details, like a note from their doctor.  There is a trans person in jail right now who identified as a woman and now identifies as a baby and insists on diapers etc.  The line needs to be drawn somewhere.  What if an inmate identifies as a horse and insists on being put out to pasture.  hahahaha It could happen. 
      June 3, 2022 10:11 AM MDT

Which is exactly what is required...Dr note.
      June 4, 2022 5:36 AM MDT

This country gets more ridiculous every day.  
      June 3, 2022 10:07 AM MDT

I think the male members of the GOP should be open to genital inspection to see if they still have their cojones.  
      June 3, 2022 12:19 PM MDT

Ewww... that job better pay extremely well. (Donald Trump, Mitch McConnell, etc. Yuck!)
      June 3, 2022 8:46 PM MDT

There is no amount of money they could offer me to do that job.
      June 3, 2022 10:35 PM MDT

It wouldn't be easy to inspect Trump because he is such a big baby his cojones haven't dropped yet. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at June 4, 2022 3:45 PM MDT
      June 3, 2022 9:31 PM MDT

I agree....most of them do not. This post was edited by my2cents at June 4, 2022 3:45 PM MDT
      June 4, 2022 5:31 AM MDT

No. Not "just any perv who wants to take a peek."

From your link:

Under the measure, if a player’s sex is disputed, he or she will have to present a physician’s statement about “internal and external reproductive anatomy” and testosterone levels. Students would also have to show an analysis of genetic makeup.

This post was edited by my2cents at June 4, 2022 3:45 PM MDT
      June 4, 2022 5:30 AM MDT

Well then what I am wondering now is will every female athlete that is accused of being a transgender be able to get that doctors note if they don't have health insurance and will health insurance cover genital inspections. I still think that part about anyone being able to accuse anyone of being a transgender is not right. A girl that is falsely accused  will be traumatized thinking people think she is a guy. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 4, 2022 8:52 AM MDT

Most if not all schools require a physical to participate in school sports.  So it will likely just become part of a normal physical.  
    I know for a male, they have to turn the head and cough so this would certainly allow the doc to certify which genitals the athlete has.  

People having to share the changing room will likely know the parts of their teammates

Just as the female Penn state swim team members said they had seen Thomas' genitals in the locker room. 
      June 4, 2022 8:03 PM MDT

Who would be disputing it? It all confuses me.
      June 4, 2022 3:46 PM MDT

I would assume other players or coaches claiming the person had an unfair advantage. 
      June 4, 2022 7:49 PM MDT

A lot depends on testosterone levels and a school just isn't equipped to test that. I'm opposed to men fraudulently "identifying as trans" in order to compete against women (they're known as "the weaker sex" for a reason), but as girls mature more quickly than boys they're actually stronger on average up to the age of 12 or so. Who is disadvantaged?
    In adulthood, teams individuals who are actively involved in transitioning take hormones, which does result in a change of muscular distribution. Not quickly. Case in point, Australian footballer Hannah Mouncey, who competed as a man in a contact sport at elite level in her twenties. As a result, she's built like a Colossus and a cis woman just can't acquire that kind of body shape without munching a LOT of roids, which is of course illegal.
    Different rules post maturity, sure. Children? Ridiculous.
      June 4, 2022 8:41 PM MDT