Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » What are some positive and/or negative things that many people expect other people to like?

What are some positive and/or negative things that many people expect other people to like?

~

Posted - June 5, 2022

Responses

There seems to be pro and against everything. We have to be able to drown most of it out and accept that we don't have to have opinions about everything. Well, I did. 

There are many things that are societal norms now that I just don't understand and haven't been able to adapt to. I have adapted quite a lot, though. 

I don't respond well to a lot of pressure to do things or try things. I'm going to think and usually overthink it myself after hearing it once. If it's someone I truly trust and look to as a mentor in how they are traveling on this journey, I revisit things they may have said in passing and often find suggestions that are very helpful in their quiet words. I try to do the same, learning from my mentors that example, kindness, and carefully chosen quiet words are the best teachers. 

If I can understand and accept that not everyone loves dogs and they can still be okay people, others should be able to accept that I don't eat animals and it's not some big deal you have to talk about every time food comes into a conversation. Not everyone loves bacon! Not everyone loves sunny days! (I'm channeling Welby now, have you noticed?).  

June 5, 2022 10:58 AM MDT

This is beautifully written!

~

June 5, 2022 12:14 PM MDT

Thanks, Mr. D! 

June 5, 2022 1:03 PM MDT

I find that most people accept that there are individual likes and dislikes except for a handful of things. I keep quiet about the fact that I dislike, or am at least indifferent to, these supposedly universally liiked things: cut flowers, outdoor dining, any music popular after I turned 25, and the color blue.
      June 5, 2022 1:37 PM MDT

Profound answer, thank you.
      ~

June 5, 2022 1:48 PM MDT

You had to ask ...

June 5, 2022 11:25 PM MDT

That danged Aussie! How’d he get in here? Grrrrrrrrrrrr. 

~

June 6, 2022 1:45 AM MDT