Active Now

Element 99
Danilo_G
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Did any of you watch the January 6th Committee last night?

Did any of you watch the January 6th Committee last night?

If so, what did you think?  I originally said I wasn't going to watch, but I changed my mind.  

Posted - June 10, 2022

Responses

I watched a bit of it, but it was filling me with "negative emotions", so I watched the baseball game instead.
      June 10, 2022 12:35 PM MDT

Same here, but I watched AGT.
      June 10, 2022 1:41 PM MDT

I recorded it last night and watched it this morning. I thought lots of things about it like it squashed the Trump supports claim that Jan. 6th was just another day at the capital and the rioters were let in by the police. I also thought that they did a good job at pointing out that Jan. 6th  can not just be swept under the rug so that America can move on - it has to be talked about and actions have to be taken so it never happens again. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 10, 2022 3:33 PM MDT

I agree.  I thought it was very well presented and I liked the fact that everyone didn't speak at the same time.  Very organized.  
      June 10, 2022 5:29 PM MDT

Police are on video letting protesters in the building. They are on video taking selfie with  protesters. 
    There was a resent case where the protester was found innocent of all charges because he was allowed in the building by the police.
      June 10, 2022 5:38 PM MDT

Yeah those few cops let rioters in well many other cops were fighting to keep them out. It has been said that Pence was afraid to get in a car with a couple of secrete service agents because he figured they could be part of the plot to keep Trump in power and if he got in the car he would never be coming back. So maybe the cops that let the rioters in were also part of the plot to keep Trump in power. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 10, 2022 6:02 PM MDT

That is what they should be investigating.   
    Why police let people in? 
    Why police simply left the doors in front of the chamber just before the shooting of an unarmed female protester?
    Why was requests and offers of the National Guard denied and refused? 
    Why did capital police throw flash grenades into a crowd of peaceful protesters outside of the Capitol?
    Why was a confirmed and know member of antifa working with a CNN reporter on Jan 6 inside the Capitol? And what did he mean when he told the lady reporter "we did it." "I could not tell you before but we did this."?

These are some the questions of the questions we truly need answers to, sadly this committee will not seek answers to these questions.  They only have one purpose to attack Trump hoping to prevent a 2024 run. This post was edited by my2cents at June 10, 2022 6:45 PM MDT
      June 10, 2022 6:42 PM MDT

Those questions will be asked and I think it will be found that the reason a few guards let rioters in was because they were Trump loyalists that wanted  the insurrection to succeed. And the reason the national guard wasn't called for right away was because Trump didn't want them there to stop his plan to stay in power. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 11, 2022 4:03 PM MDT

I will make you a bet: 
    If they ask all of these questions, I will not only post something good about Biden but also something BAD about Trump. 
    And if they do not you have to post something GOOD about Trump  and something BAD about Biden.  
      June 11, 2022 5:24 PM MDT

Well if you win could the something good I say about Trump be that he has good taste in dictators? Putin is kind of hot and Kim does have that bad boy look going for him. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 11, 2022 5:53 PM MDT

Nope. The good statements must a good statement not a backhanded insult. 
      June 11, 2022 6:24 PM MDT

It's not possible to be a "member of antifa", given that this is a blanket term for a completely decentralised group of unrelated left-wing/anarchist extremists. I personally oppose fascism, does that make me a "member"? It's the bogeyman, the spook, a label applied by that remnant of society that still clings to McCarthyism to anyone not a conservative.
    Conversely, the Proud Boys, a definite far-right paramilitary, were absolutely there.
      June 11, 2022 10:49 PM MDT

This the guy JadenX or John Sullivan. 
    If you do not like the term "member of Antifa" then we will use:

"Man with a History of Organizing Violent Antifa, BLM Protests, Was Inside the Capitol...."
    He was there, he has a violence history with Antifa and BLM. The gov took the $90k, he made from selling the videos from Jan 6.  Because the videos prove he participated in and instigated violence on Jan 6. 
    https://www.wusa9.com/article/news/national/capitol-riots/capitol-rioter-john-sullivan-pleads-not-guilty-wants-90k-back-from-doj-jayden-x-ashli-babbitt/65-38fcc119-b849-4b96-ae3
    https://townhall.com/tipsheet/katiepavlich/2021/01/07/utah-man-with-a-history-of-organizing-blm-protests-was-inside-the-capitol-n2582766

No opposing fascism does not automatically make you a member. Participation in their violence actions makes you a member.  I am assuming you do/have not participate/ed in violent acts during an Antifa riot.

This post was edited by my2cents at June 15, 2022 12:56 PM MDT
      June 12, 2022 6:41 AM MDT

It was well done but I wonder if they're just preaching to the choir. Fox News aired two hours of commercial-free commentary with their version of events so some viewers who might have been swayed by the hearings instead had their beliefs reinforced.
      June 10, 2022 3:47 PM MDT

Anyone watching FOX didn't want to be enlightened and I doubt that anything said in the hearing would have changed their minds.  They are happy wallowing in their untruths.  
      June 10, 2022 5:27 PM MDT

Anybody who believes a Rupert broadcast or anything printed in one of his newspapers is dumber than a rock.
      June 11, 2022 10:22 PM MDT

You have described many Republicans.
      June 12, 2022 6:38 AM MDT

Fox Business Network aired it completely. 
      June 12, 2022 6:19 AM MDT

Nope.
    Propaganda  with not opposing views allowed on the committee. 

June 10, 2022 5:34 PM MDT

No, my TV is hooked up to too many things I do not know how to work.  No cable just regular TV with bad reception that comes and goes.  I don't even turn it on any longer. 
      June 10, 2022 6:35 PM MDT

20 million Americans watched the hearings which is twice as many people that watched the impeachment trials. So I think that is a sign that Americans want to know what really  happened and who is responsible. Cheers and happy weekend!
      June 11, 2022 4:20 PM MDT