Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Why can't we just take this guy's advice?

Why can't we just take this guy's advice?

Posted - July 5, 2022

Responses

Bipartisanship died when the lobbyists took control. Both major parties are 100% controlled by their donors - it's a problem in Australia too. Thankfully the major donor to the Labor Party is the Australian Council of Trade Unions, so there's a bit of "power to the pee-pul" if one cares enough to be active in their union, when the ALP is in government. The adults are back in charge now, ignoring Murdererdoch, mending the fences with our trade partners that Scummo kicked over and providing REAL relief in natural disasters (much of Sydney is flooded right now). This post was edited by Slartibartfast at July 8, 2022 6:54 PM MDT
      July 5, 2022 6:18 PM MDT

Yes.

Since a young boy, I was drawn to and tried to live by -- and still am and still do - - 

"Do unto others as you would have them do unto you."

Everything worthy to me can be summed up in those words, too; including John's admirable ones here in my opinion.
      July 5, 2022 7:53 PM MDT

If we took his advice, we would be so much better off, but alas ...
      July 6, 2022 8:24 AM MDT

I don't know if there is enough room in the middle for people to agree on what is the right answer. Or even what the problems are. This post was edited by my2cents at July 9, 2022 6:19 PM MDT
      July 8, 2022 6:41 PM MDT