Active Now

Malizz
Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do think about this Jan. 6th commity strategy?

What do think about this Jan. 6th commity strategy?

The Jan. 6th committee plans to use its Thursday night hearing to call out insurrection-friendly lawmakers who cowered during the Capitol attack but have since downplayed the insurrection’s severity. They have plans to paint a really striking picture of how some of Trump’s greatest enablers of his coup plot were — no matter what they’re saying today — quaking in their boots and doing everything shy of crying out for their moms. When Rep. Andrew Clyde (R-Ga) claimed the insurrection was a normal tourist visit social media users quickly located photos of the Georgia Republican gasping in terror and hiding behind an armed Capitol police officer pointing a handgun at a barricaded entrance to the Senate floor. I think it is a good strategy and it will open the eyes of a lot of Americans. Cheers!

Posted - July 20, 2022

Responses

No they have not been debunked.....
    the CP are on video waving people into the Capitol. 
    They are are video taking selfie with protesters. 
    They are on video walking away from the door just before Ashley Babbit was shot in the neck (unarmed  and not a threat). 
    Police are on video throwing flash grenades into the peaceful crowd. 
    The Capitol Police Chief reported that HIS requests for NG we denied 6 times by House Sergent at Arms (who answers to Pelsoi) and told to put an informal request by Senate Sergeant at Arms (answers to McConnell).  
    The Antifa guy who was with CNN is on video (he recorded it himself) his name is John Sullivan, he goes by JadenX online.  The Feds took $80k from him that he got from selling his videos of Jan 6th. Because he was himself an instigator.   

None of this is debunked...and other than the Police Cheif, it is all on video. 

You are right about not in scope of the committee, their only purpose is to stop President Trump from running in 2024.  They will not stop him....they have NO power. They are not a court.

July 21, 2022 3:16 PM MDT

July 21, 2022 5:13 PM MDT

No....facts on video. 
      July 21, 2022 5:32 PM MDT

Hello my:

Nice seeing you..

Charges aren't even on the table..  Congress doesn't levy charges.. They'll write a report.  We know what it's gonna say..

The question is, WILL the weenie Attorney General levy charges? 

Nahh.

excon This post was edited by excon at July 21, 2022 3:20 PM MDT
      July 21, 2022 10:22 AM MDT

I know. But Cheney and others are acting as if they could cause charges to be filed.

She is done at least in WY. 
      July 21, 2022 5:27 PM MDT

Hello N:

Hmmm... 

The corruption gets filthier and filthier as we go along.

I've wondered WHY, on Jan 6, Vice President Pence REFUSED to get into the car driven by an unknown Secret Service agent..  Apparently, the VP didn't trust the Secret Service either.  He KNEW that he could be WHISKED away from the capital, thereby PREVENTING him from certifying the election, which was the POINT of the riot in the first place.. 

And, NOW, it appears the Secret Service was IN on it, as they deleted their emails and texts from those crucial hours. 

Hmmm...  Deleted emails????  Sound familiar??  LOCK HIM UP!!

excon
    This post was edited by excon at July 21, 2022 11:01 AM MDT
      July 21, 2022 9:48 AM MDT

Yeah I think these hearings are going to prove how deep and how dangerous the corruption in the Trump administration was. Awhile back I read that one of the reasons the Capital police weren't armed better was because one of the rooms that held the riot gear was locked and the guy who held the keys was no were to be found. I always thought it was all part of the plan to keep Trump in power. Also the rioters had maps to the location of the secret passage ways in the Capital and I think it was one of Trumps goonies that gave them the secret map. Trump didn't drain the swamp like he promised instead he built a cesspool and filled it with the scum of the earth. The good part about that is people like that have no scruples so they will rat out their mother to save their butt. After todays hearing there will be a lot of rating going on in the in the cesspool. Cheers! 
      July 21, 2022 10:32 AM MDT

Nope. The riot was to prevent to peaceful and Constitutional challenge to 5 states being certified.  We had the required members of each house of Congress.  Each state would have been debated and perhaps investigated to verify the results.  
    The riot succeeded in stopping that peaceful and patriotic plan.   So who benefited from the riot? Not Trump and not Trump supporters.  

I believe it was Gen Marley?? who testified that VP Pence was giving orders. So if there was an insurrection  that was it. Pence had zero authority to be giving orders. 

You want to lock up Pence or Secret Service....fine with me.  Let's get the FBI who deleted their texts but before the Mueller investigation as well.
      July 21, 2022 3:32 PM MDT

If Trump and Trump supporters did not benefit, the logical thing for Trump to do would be to make every effort to end it and to strongly condemn it. 

July 22, 2022 6:07 AM MDT

Hello again, N:

Looks to me like our democracy rests on the shoulders of Merrick Garland.. 

What happens if he brings charges, and Trump is found not guilty?  Democracy lost. 

What happens if he DOESN'T bring charges?  Democracy lost.

We're in big trouble here..

excon
      July 21, 2022 10:34 AM MDT

I fear you are correct.
      July 21, 2022 10:49 AM MDT

Yeah it certainly is a make it or break it moment. But I like to think Democracy will prevail  and become stronger. I think after the mess is cleaned up The American government and the people of America will take steps to prevent it from ever happening again. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at July 21, 2022 11:18 AM MDT
      July 21, 2022 10:54 AM MDT

Not sure if I agree. Every prior civilization had its demise. Perhaps we will not be able to withstand the multiple threats from corruption, disease, drugs, violence and climate change. 
      July 21, 2022 11:07 AM MDT

Hello again, N:

I certainly hope you're right..  We've weathered storms before.  You'd think we could weather this one. 

excon
      July 21, 2022 11:24 AM MDT

Except that this threat goes to the heart of our democracy.  Trump has some very troubling plans for this country if he wins a second term  

"Trump's allies are secretly drafting plans in case he wins the presidency in 2024, Axios reported.
    • This includes plans to remove potentially thousands of defense and intelligence employees, Axios said.
    • The plan would be to replace them with people loyal to Trump, the report said."

https://www.businessinsider.com/trump-allies-secret-plan-fire-thousands-govt-workers-2024-axios-2022-7
      July 22, 2022 10:08 AM MDT

Hello again,

Al Capone wasn't convicted of murder..  He was convicted of tax evasion..  That's a slam dunk charge..

Maybe Garland should charge Trump with witness tampering.  That's a slam dunk too.

excon This post was edited by excon at July 21, 2022 11:39 AM MDT
      July 21, 2022 11:30 AM MDT

UPDATE: Tonight well I watch the Jan. 6th hearing I will be dinning on home·â€‹made baked macaroni and cheese topped off with all beef wieners. I think it is a perfect meal for the hearing - watching a bunch of wieners getting closer to jail. Cheers! 
      July 21, 2022 1:05 PM MDT