Active Now

Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do you think the FBI found in Trumps safe when they raided Mar-a-Lago today?

What do you think the FBI found in Trumps safe when they raided Mar-a-Lago today?

Today the FBI executed a search warrant for Trumps home at Mar-a-Lago. It hasn't been reported what they seized but I bet it is was a ton of incriminating financial records and incriminating evidence of his role in Jan. 6th. I am also hoping that they found the Russian hooker PP tape. Trump posted on Truth Social that his beautiful home was under siege - raided and occupied by a large group of FBI agents and that they even broke into his safe. He also claimed that it was a political witch hunt. I think he is once again just playing the innocent victim but this time there will be evidence that he is not a victim he is the crime. Cheers! 

Posted - August 8, 2022

Responses

The warrant has to specify what they are looking for. Even if they found interesting stuff, they can't seize it if it's not in the warrant. They are most likely searching for classified documents that may have been removed from the White House.

August 8, 2022 8:10 PM MDT

I read that under US law, the search warrant was executed to obtain certain, specified information, involving both the Executive Branch (DOJ and FBI) and Judicial Branch.  However, if other information unrelated to the original search warrant is found during the search and indicates other crimes were committed, it can be used to prosecute those crimes. Cheers!
      August 8, 2022 8:51 PM MDT

Probably a fatberg.
      August 9, 2022 2:08 AM MDT

They stated it was empty. 
      August 9, 2022 6:09 AM MDT

Just to clarify: Eric Trump stated it was empty, so that's just the same as an official statement.
      August 9, 2022 10:59 AM MDT

Ah ha. After I saw people claiming that the safe was empty I thought they knew something I don't know. Because I was under the impression that the FBI and the DOJ didn't release any information about the raid. But now I know they were only saying it because Eric Trump said it. Cheers!   
      August 9, 2022 11:11 AM MDT

Well two can play the misinformation game. I heard the safe wasn't empty. I heard they found Big Mac wrappers in the safe with draft copies of Trump's love letter to Kim Jong-un. Stuff like you are the sesame seed on top of my bun. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at August 9, 2022 6:31 PM MDT
      August 9, 2022 5:02 PM MDT

If ET is issuing official statements, it practically guarantees that they found something big and incriminating.
    How can you tell that a Trump is lying? You can see their lips move.
      August 9, 2022 6:49 PM MDT

An source from the raid reported to the news that it was empty.  

FBI/Wray/Garland have not said anything so I guess we do not even know they were even there, right? 
      August 10, 2022 5:44 AM MDT

FBI is a joke.   There was not reason for a raid.  Trump was working with the national archives about the docs.    A raid under the law is supposed to be late resort after trying everything else.  

Cannot be "classified documents " as a President can declassify any thing they want at anytime.  And these are docs from while he was still POTUS.   

The Dems are attempting to make our gov into a banana Republic, weaponizing our FBI, IRS, DOJ etc.  

It is an attempt to intimidate Trump from running. And people from voting for him. 

It will not work. Trump will be President again. 

August 9, 2022 6:17 AM MDT

Just to clarify: It is illegal to remove any presidential documents, whether or not they are classified. 
      August 9, 2022 10:45 AM MDT

As soon as, they enforce the laws for both sides of the aisle, I will believe this is just about justice and enforcing the laws. 

It is also illegal for the DOJ to use a raid when a supena would work.  That is a violation of 4th amendment. 
      August 9, 2022 6:09 PM MDT

Subpoenas DIDN'T work, he was subpoenad for his financial records six times and ignored all six.
      August 9, 2022 6:50 PM MDT

This has been only going on for a few months, Trump and his attorneys have been cooperating and negotiating with them.  

He should sue for violation of 4th amendment. 
      August 10, 2022 5:40 AM MDT

So, a subpeona should be used to recover stolen items and trust that they will all be turned over? A search warrant  is issued when there is probable cause that a crime has been committed on the premises. I don't know what the warrant said and neither does anyone not directly involved.  If there are sensitive documents on the premises,  the priority should be to keep  them from falling into the wrong hands, instead of being concerned that it will be taken as a political move. I am going to wait to see how this plays out before I rush to judge. Now, go ahead and have the last word because you always do.
      August 9, 2022 6:54 PM MDT

That is protocol.  That is how they treated Clinton's who stole furniture.  Who have a private server for gov business. Who then destroyed physically gov phones. With hammers and bleach. With no repercussions. . 
    That is how it should have been handled. Trump was working with them. The raid was inexcusable.  

August 10, 2022 6:02 AM MDT

That's the Fox News spin, anyway.
      August 9, 2022 6:17 PM MDT

I would not know, I have not watched FOX since Nov 2020. 
      August 9, 2022 6:24 PM MDT

After the raid Republican senators claimed the raid was part of the plot to keep Trump out of office. A crowd swelled outside Trump’s Florida resort, where supporters waved American flags and some showcased campaign signs with Mike Pence’s name crossed out. Online, far-right Trump supporters raged against the FBI’s search of Mar-a-Lago with references to civil war. And Maga and QAnon forums lit up with violent rhetoric and threats of civil unrest, alarmingly similar to the kind of activity observed on these platforms in the lead up to the January 6 attack on the US Capitol. And what did Trump do?  He sought to capitalize on his supporters fury with a round of fundraising appeals that made reference to the raid. “Please rush in a donation IMMEDIATELY” he wrote in one such email. Cheers!
      August 9, 2022 2:34 PM MDT

Do you really think anyone had to be told by Rep Senators that it was a plot to prevent Trump from running again?

Even MSDNC said it out loud on their broadcast last night. This will completely end the Trump problem.

It will not stop Trump and will only make his support stronger.  
      August 9, 2022 3:46 PM MDT

It might stop Trump and put him in jail if the FBI found evidence that he sold classified information to Russia and NK. But it will more likely be a combination of things that stop Trump. His dereliction of duty on Jan 6th. His interfering in a election. His misuse of campaign funds. And a few other things I can't think of right now. But what will stop him for sure is the votes of the American people if he runs in 2024. Cheers!
      August 9, 2022 6:33 PM MDT

No one is even implying he sold info.  

Look at the elections results so far, Trump endorsed candidates are kicking butt.  And the Dems are scared. They know their days are numbered.  And this time Trump will have help in Congress as establishment Reps are going down now. 
      August 9, 2022 6:37 PM MDT

Can't run from prison. Or the grave. Given his indolent lifestyle and shocking diet, it's surprising that he hasn't suffered a fatal infarction or thrombosis years ago. Or been poisoned by swallowing his own bile, vitriol and venom. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at August 9, 2022 6:53 PM MDT
      August 9, 2022 6:52 PM MDT

He is not going to prison.  But just as Biden ran from his basement...Trump could run from prison.  It has been done before successfully. 

You can keep wishing for a clot shot death if you want but those tended to effect younger men.
      August 9, 2022 8:26 PM MDT