Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Trump a spy?

Is Trump a spy?

Hello:

What was he doing with our state secrets?  Blackmailing his enemies?  Showing them to his friends?  Selling them to Putin?  Giving them to Dear Leader??

I dunno..  Seems to me that even your ordinary spy could have broken into Trumps closet, and photographed each and every one of those secrets, and we'd never know...

excon

Posted - August 27, 2022

Responses

I think he took those papers for a couple of reasons.  I wouldn't put him above blackmailing or using them as leverage to gain some monetary advantage for himself or his family.  Remember the Saudis gave Kushner $2 billion for some investment.  I also think that he believed he was entitled to keep them so he could brag about having them to Putiin, Kim Jung Il, or any other despot he admires.  He'd sell out this country for more money in his pocket and for power.  In my book, what he did is tantamount to treason and that is punishable by death.  He is the most despicable person walking the earth.  
      August 27, 2022 7:23 AM MDT

No. Not a spy. 
    A candidate,  President and Former President who has been spied on by his own government.   And likely to be the next President who will continue to be spied on again. 

TDS runs strong in the government.  

If Trump's area was so insecure, why did the FBI leave the boxes there? 

GSA boxed, sealed and mailed these boxes to MAL 18 months ago. If these docs are so sensitive,  why wait 18 months to retreave them? 

There are not classified.  As POTUS,  declassified them.  He had that right and power as POTUS.   As a FPOTUS, he has the right to determine what docs and artifacts are personal records and what are for the archives.    As was ruled in court over tape recorded interviews of FPOTUS Clinton and a book author, judge ruled the recordings were NOT subject to Freedom of Information  requests because Clinton considered them to be PERSONAL records.   

If Clinton can determine what is and is not personal records than Trump and Obama etc have the same rights to determine themselves what is and is not NARA records and what is not. 
      August 27, 2022 7:36 AM MDT

Hello my:

I gave you a like - oh, not because you're right - you are sooooo wrong.  But, you're one of my favorite people.

excon
      August 27, 2022 6:21 PM MDT

Here is a like right back for ya. I do miss you, you do not post near enough.  

Nothing I said is inaccurate.  
      August 29, 2022 5:25 AM MDT

https://acrobat.adobe.com/link/review?uri=urn:aaid:scds:US:00ce3b16-b6ef-3636-b61c-4eef752e1905
      August 29, 2022 10:48 AM MDT

From the ruling NARA lacks authority to designate what is a "Presidential record."

If that applies to Clinton...it applies to all FPOTUS.  
      August 29, 2022 12:28 PM MDT

Correct, you have isolated one sentence that supports  your beliefs. But there's more to it than that. There is a specific designation of what constitutes a Presidential Record and the assumption that a president will act in good faith. And some of the documents retrieved were not Presidential Records, but rather Federal Records. So, perhaps a love letter from Kim Jong-un could be declared a personal record, but a classified intelligence document is neither a Presidential record nor a personal record, regardless of whether it is classified or declassified.

I posted the link to the court ruling in the Clinton case for anyone who is interested in the context of what you stated, not to start a debate. 

August 29, 2022 2:27 PM MDT

Again, docs at MAL were not classified.  

Thank you for the link. 
      August 29, 2022 8:02 PM MDT

Trump given away top secret info. Cheers and happy weekend!

August 27, 2022 7:46 AM MDT

I don't think he is a spy I think he is a corrupt greedy man that was in a position  to steal documents that the enemies of the US would love to have and he knowingly took advantage of that. Cheers and happy weekend!! 
      August 27, 2022 8:04 AM MDT

It's likely he just just thought they would be cool to have and show off to whoever he was trying to impress at the moment. It would be more important to have something no one else has than to worry about how someone else  might use the information the documents contained. He demonstrated on more than one occasion, while in office,  that he didn't understand or didn't care about the seriousness of disclosing sensitive information. 
      August 27, 2022 9:27 AM MDT

There are a lot of things he doesn't understand - mostly anything that doesn't concern him directly.
      August 27, 2022 11:16 AM MDT

Just proves he's an incompetent a hole that never should have been voted into office, that nincompoop thought he was untouchable well I guess the FBI showed him when they raided his dump down in Florida. 
      August 27, 2022 2:43 PM MDT

Yes! I call them as I see them!
      August 27, 2022 2:53 PM MDT

His hair is a comb over fold. His lips bruised from telling lies. All the FBI thinks he's a spy - he's got Vladimir Putin eyes. Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 27, 2022 4:02 PM MDT

Nice! 

Cheers and happy weekend!
      August 27, 2022 9:24 PM MDT