Active Now

Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Babies and Kids » What are some ways your birth changed the lives of other people? I believe that every person’s birth changes someone else’s life somehow.

What are some ways your birth changed the lives of other people? I believe that every person’s birth changes someone else’s life somehow.

[~]

Posted - September 16, 2022

Responses

My birth changed my mom's life.  She wanted to have more children, but I ripped out her "insides" on the way out, making that impossible.  (I literally" broke the mold").
      September 16, 2022 9:21 PM MDT

September 16, 2022 10:18 PM MDT

Being my parents' first-born, I made my father's wife a mother and my mother's husband a father. 
      September 17, 2022 9:44 AM MDT

Hey, wait . . .
    ~

September 17, 2022 2:41 PM MDT

Aside from my parents, my grandfather (who was alcoholic) stopped drinking as a stipulation by my mother in order for him to ever see me.  That was actually prior to my birth.   He stopped cold turkey and never drank again as far as we know.  He lived with us from the time I was six, when my father left,  until his death about five years later.  All of my ancestors had long lives other than him. 
      September 17, 2022 1:00 PM MDT

My parents became parents, their parents became grandparents.
      September 17, 2022 10:06 PM MDT

My parents got one more ration book. I was born during WWII. When I arrived, the household was my mother, my father, my mom's elderly father, my older sister, and my older brother. Already five ration books for the family and I allowed for number six. My grandfather didn't eat much and as a newborn, I didn't eat anything for months. The only problem my parents had obtaining food or other goods was a lack of money. I still have my last ration book.

Picture 1 of 3
      March 5, 2023 10:53 AM MST

Thank you, that’s a really great answer!
      ~

March 5, 2023 2:25 PM MST