Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Discussion » Questions » answerMug » Why did the onscreen format of AnswerMug just change on my device? Has it changed on yours also?

Why did the onscreen format of AnswerMug just change on my device? Has it changed on yours also?

I don’t have a screenshot of how it usually looks for comparison, but here’s how it looks now:

:(

Posted - October 10, 2022

Responses

I got this different onscreen format right after I got an error message saying that the website exceeded its memory limit.  I’m still seeing the space-saver format.
      October 10, 2022 10:25 AM MDT

• Now we know who broke it.
      October 11, 2022 10:43 PM MDT

*hides AnswerMug under couch*

Umm, no, I haven’t seen it, why?

October 12, 2022 9:10 AM MDT

Did you tell JA about the message? It might be a helpful clue in fixing it.
      October 14, 2022 12:50 PM MDT

I did not realize everyone was getting this format. I am traveling and thought is was just weak signal causing it just on my phone. 

Has anyone contacted JA at the answemug Gmail address? It is listed on her profile page. 
      October 10, 2022 6:24 PM MDT

I’m sure someone has already contacted JA about this.

October 10, 2022 6:36 PM MDT

Isn't it her job to stay on top of such things?
      October 12, 2022 10:05 AM MDT

Ssh, don't displease the Eye.

I rather think of it as her favour to us
      October 12, 2022 7:00 PM MDT

lol. What if she’s conducting a social experiment to see who emails her about this?
      October 12, 2022 7:20 PM MDT

Hahah, seems we got our answer... We're all that kid in the family who goes "yup frustrating but not my job."

They told us in high school about that woman who was attacked in NYC with plenty of witnesses, when nobody called the police until quite a lot of time had passed. I resolved then that I'd always be the one to spring into action... But apparently not when it involves the risk of slightly inconveniencing someone. Or asking for their email address.
      October 13, 2022 5:14 PM MDT

I was only joking about the bystander effect, but my first clue that the bystander effect really was in effect should‘ve been Has anyone contacted JA at the answemug Gmail address? It is listed on her profile page.
      October 13, 2022 5:39 PM MDT

Whoops. Yeah, it was probably written there. I'm sure someone else got it already. Like one of the many moderators ;)
      October 13, 2022 6:03 PM MDT

Yes that was me.   I was traveling and do not have email on my phone. 
      October 14, 2022 6:10 AM MDT

Hard to do  if no one let's her know there is a issue.
      October 14, 2022 6:33 AM MDT

(let’s lets)

October 14, 2022 8:08 AM MDT

The contents are being scrubbed to hide the bad behavior of Tildes running amuck on Answer mug. 
      October 14, 2022 4:15 PM MDT

Why blame Tildes? It could just as well be Vegemite smugglers or Gamatikle Erurs-r-Us or the Anti-Harem League. Grrrrrrrrrr. 

~

October 14, 2022 6:50 PM MDT

Always on duty, eh? There's another one in there but I ain't no grammar snitch (for free).
      October 14, 2022 5:03 PM MDT

Thank you. The other errors have just been addressed. The monetary awards for outstanding performance of civil acts by everyday people are suffering a bit of a cash-flow problem right now. We’ll submit your name for an Honorable Mention at the next Town Hall Meeting. (For the time being, I’ll hang onto any money that you might have received and make sure nothing happens to it. Cough, cough.)

~

October 18, 2022 12:33 PM MDT

(One excess space after the word “do”.)
    (a an issue)

October 18, 2022 12:26 PM MDT

I'm working on it, but I don't have a solution yet. The menu goes away and stops blocking things if you narrow your window if you're on a desktop... not ideal, but works as a band-aid. 

And, no, nobody emailed me. A couple of people messaged the answerMug Facebook page... which I cannot get into because my Just Asking account is the only admin and I'm apparently not allowed access to that account anymore unless I can get three friends to confirm I'm really me and 1) I'm not even sure I have three friends on that account 2) Even if I do, I probably haven't spoken to them in a decade 3) Facebook is not even letting me get to the thing with friend verifications. I just get a spinning wheel that never stops. Sigh. 

So, if anyone is messaging me on Facebook, please don't. I can't read it.
      October 12, 2022 11:49 PM MDT

I liked the fresh new look Answermug had this morning, but it’s gone now and the glitchy version is back even after I cleared my history and cookies.
      October 18, 2022 10:38 AM MDT

I had to hire a new developer to fix it this time... that's part of why it took so long. (I tried to get the old one back, then had to vet candidates, etc.) The new dev didn't know what the site looked like before and fixed it overnight.=, so we had to address the look of it this morning. I have no idea where those other colors came from. LMAO

The site should be working fine for everyone now. It's ok on Chrome for me. If you've already tried hard refresh, clearing cache/ cookies, and are still having issues, please send me a message with your device type, operating system info, and browser info (type, version, etc.).

TBH, as bad as this stunk, I'm kind of glad it happened because I like the dev I found and am cautiously optimistic he'll be a good partner going forward and can help sort out some of the other stuff going on. 

In other news... you don't like the serious theme we have going on? Is it not fun enough? O_o
      October 18, 2022 11:30 AM MDT

I liked those other colors.  The Answermug we had this morning was light and airy and fun-looking!  I’m going to miss it! 
      October 18, 2022 4:53 PM MDT