Active Now

Element 99
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How do/would you react to another's road rage?

How do/would you react to another's road rage?

Apologise even if you're not at fault,  so you can move on;
Fight back, if you know you're in the right;
Ignore the incident and show zero reaction (blank face) 
Other

Posted - November 7, 2016

Responses

Sharona, I am not a grammarian, I was born in the United States just like you were. 
    No, seriously, I'm not going to let you wiggle out if this one, my pretty. You have disparaged the male of the species, and THIS MEANS WAR!  (Just kidding.)
    You fitfully redeemed yourself with your 100% truthful comment about those guys who run out and buy monster trucks with all the accessories as soon as they get their hands on the money for them. 
    You and I will always find reasons to fight with each other, won't we?  I wouldn't have it any other way. 

Reported. Tag, you're it!
    ~
      November 8, 2016 5:23 PM MST

Boy, how many personalities emerged in that paragraph? 

You are Legion.  You are.  Legion. 
      November 8, 2016 5:36 PM MST

Lol. 
      November 8, 2016 6:41 PM MST

I reported YOUR report.  
      November 8, 2016 5:38 PM MST

Grrrrrrrrr, ProbChild, I'll see your reported report of my report, and I'll raise you an informant and a whistle-blower, both wrapped in a tattletale and smothered with a generous helping of finger-pointing!  So there!
    ~
      November 8, 2016 6:45 PM MST

• No Sharonna, over the last 10 years ago most management books are she-oriented. Gender equality thing. 
      November 8, 2016 6:52 PM MST

Get 'er, Neelie!  Ha HA!

~
      November 8, 2016 6:57 PM MST

I haven't encountered it in years.  I do recall one time when I could see a car weaving in and out of traffic in the rearview mirror approaching quite fast.  The driver a bit ahead of me and in the other lane saw him, too, and almost as if we had orchestrated our responses, I sped up a bit and the car in the center lane slowed a bit...just enough that speedy could not pass.  I never looked at the driver who was riding just to my left looking for an opening we never gave him.  My husband asked what I was doing, playing "road-rage ranger"...lol 
      November 8, 2016 12:35 AM MST

I think if you're going to "play his game", the safest way is the subtle way.  You didn't join in with his rage but had fun with it, while still making a point.   That had to make you chuckle when it played out that way.  It would have made me.
      November 8, 2016 6:30 PM MST

It did indeed.  :)
      November 8, 2016 6:32 PM MST

• (caution  language content   18 +) 

November 8, 2016 1:57 AM MST

I hate road ragers but I just react by imagining a deer running in front of the road rager and crashing through his windshield crushing him to death.
      November 8, 2016 11:51 AM MST

• Deer  rage  ,  another issue ,  seek  help  .  ;-) 
      November 8, 2016 2:36 PM MST

You're right.  Now I feel bad about imagining innocent deer getting killed.

From now on I'm going to imagine being a powerful witch who can just snap her fingers at the road rage driver and then his car's engine dies, then all of his dash lights come on at the same time, then his car catches on fire and he can't get his seat belt off and he can't open the doors.

Yeah, that's a much more humane daydream then killing poor innocent deer.
      November 11, 2016 5:00 PM MST

• :-/   The Witches  "rule of 3 " ,  would comeback on you . 
    hence ,i have never heard of a real   witch  using their gift  for bad . 

Dang  Harry Potter,   bad tv , and  the Vatican   with their   their un-education / misinformation /and smear campaigns. 

just toss him/her a happy  spell / pill  ;-)
      November 11, 2016 5:15 PM MST

I'm not a witch but I can still imagine being one in the tradition of Harry Potter, bad tv and the Vatican but I've been told the same thing by people who really do practice witchcraft about stuff coming back three times on people so I'll just have to imagine.
      November 11, 2016 5:23 PM MST

• ;-)
      November 11, 2016 7:07 PM MST

Now THAT'S what I'd call a textbook dark side.  
      November 8, 2016 6:17 PM MST