Active Now

Danilo_G
Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » answerMug Members » A question that you posted here over a year ago finally gets answered or gets new answers. Does it matter to you how old it is? ~

A question that you posted here over a year ago finally gets answered or gets new answers. Does it matter to you how old it is? ~

Posted - November 14, 2022

Responses

Can’t think of any reason why it would.
      November 14, 2022 10:29 AM MST

Thank you for your answer.
      ~

November 14, 2022 11:22 AM MST

I scroll through the feed during the day so all I see is the question and the text of the reply, so sometimes I don’t even realize I’m the one who asked it until I click on it, which is a total blonde thing to do.
      November 14, 2022 11:13 AM MST

Well, call me Blondie D, because the same thing has happened to me a few times over the years of AnswerBag and AnswerMug; I’ve stumbled upon a few questions that I wanted to answer, opened them up only to be surprised to learn that I was the person who posted them, lol.
    ~

November 14, 2022 11:17 AM MST

Ditto.
      November 14, 2022 2:02 PM MST

It shouldn't matter to me, but it kind of does. Maybe it's just that the question I asked a year ago has served its purpose and I have moved on. Instead of answering an old question, why don't members use it as inspiration for a new discussion?  This post was edited by Jane S at November 14, 2022 7:29 PM MST
      November 14, 2022 1:48 PM MST

I suppose that different people have their own reasons for preferring to revive older posts rather than starting a new post on the same topic or similar topics, I can only cite my own reasons. Number one is the reviving itself, it is a trip down memory lane, and secondly, it gives homage to the original poster. I think that merely glomming onto another member’s question and reposting a facsimile of it smacks of copying or plagiarizing another’s work and ideas. Thirdly, sometimes there are people who haven’t ever seen the older posts, so reviving them exposes them to new people and to more people. Fourth reason, the meaningfulness and the intent of certain posts are best served by having been submitted by their original authors as opposed to me submitting them anew. Next, reviving an old question also revives existing answers to it and existing comments to it. Merely posting a new question about it dismisses those who answered previously and are no longer active or no longer members. I find many questions, answers and comments quite interesting, funny, thought- provoking, impressive, inspirational, introspective, sad, challenge-worthy, witty, salacious, mean-spirited, spiritual, intelligent, narrowly focused, well written, silly, cute, unbelievable, unfair, horrible, upbeat, adversarial, disgusting, educational, noteworthy, etc. that they seem perfect for republication. 

Mind you, no one is required to see things from my perspectives nor to respond to any posts to which they don’t want to respond. I fully understand your stance on older posts, and I also fully support your rights to have such a stance. 
    ~

November 14, 2022 3:41 PM MST

Many things I read can make my mind travel to other subjects or variations on a theme. So, yeah, I can sometimes end up potentially posting something I thought of after reading the person's post.
      November 14, 2022 7:35 PM MST

Someone, today or yesterday, actually went back and posted on a few of my questions from 6 years ago. I suspect it was you or Welby. No worries.
      November 14, 2022 2:04 PM MST

‘Twas I, mon ami.
      ~

November 14, 2022 2:42 PM MST

Nah
      November 14, 2022 4:05 PM MST

No.

For me, most of my questions seem timeless to me. No due date.

November 14, 2022 7:32 PM MST