Discussion » Questions » Politics » What do think Trump meant when he said - the release of his tax returns will lead to horrible things for so many people?

What do think Trump meant when he said - the release of his tax returns will lead to horrible things for so many people?

I kind of think that when he said "many people" he was talking about himself - sort of like when the Queen of England says "we are not amused" but she is referring to herself. And I also think that the horrible things he is talking about are him having to pay back taxes. He also might of meant it as a treat which kind of seems more likely. Cheers and happy New Year!

Posted - December 30, 2022

Responses

No one is claiming he owes back taxes.  

He is talking about weaponizing the IRS and other departments of the government which are supposed to work for the people now being used to target the people. 
      December 30, 2022 3:30 PM MST

"Just sold the Hotel for almost $400 Million ..." and paid no tax, stiffed the workers on their entitlements etc. He actually BRAGS about tax evasion.
      December 31, 2022 11:16 PM MST

Nothing wrong with using the tax laws as written....if anyone has a problem with the tax laws,  then have the laws changed. Using the laws is not tax evasion. As a business I personally use the some of the same deductions on a smaller scale. Again not tax evasion at all.

Hotel sold on 2022 so that income would not be filed yet.  This post was edited by my2cents at January 1, 2023 6:32 AM MST
      December 31, 2022 11:27 PM MST

No idea.  He says many things that I don't believe to be what he actually means....maybe symbolic.
      December 31, 2022 10:57 AM MST

The "so many people" being himself, his pestilential offspring and the accounting staff who colluded with them on systemic tax evasion.
      December 31, 2022 11:18 PM MST

It won't matter if DeSantis kicks his butt in the Republican primaries. I would bet a couple of bucks on that.
      January 1, 2023 12:42 AM MST

I would take that bet. 
      January 1, 2023 6:27 AM MST

Yeah I think you would be better off to put your money on a Demarcate.  Yesterday Trump planned another major announcement and not a single cable news network showed up to cover it. Because they knew his  major announcement would be no more then a rant about the "stolen" election" and they were right. Cheers and happy New Year!
      January 1, 2023 10:03 AM MST

Maybe when Trump said horrible things were going to happen to so many people he was talking about people in China. When Trump was running for office in 2016 he was asked about his bank account in China and he said he had closed that account years ago. But his tax records showed that it was a lie - he still had a bank account in China while he was running and well he was in office. Cheers and Happy New Year!
      January 1, 2023 12:42 AM MST

Biden has accounts being paid by China. 
      January 1, 2023 6:27 AM MST

Yeah but Biden always released his taxes and he didn't lie about having accounts in China like Trump. Cheers and Happy New Year!
      January 1, 2023 8:47 AM MST

Not his son Hunter's  who was the one being paid and getting "10% for the big guy"...aka Joe Biden. 
      January 1, 2023 7:54 PM MST