Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What specific felony law did Trump violate?

What specific felony law did Trump violate?

What law was used to upgrade the misdeanor  business records into a felony? 
How do you use it to upgrade to a felony yet not tell the defendant what crime he/she is being accused of committing?

Posted - April 4, 2023

Responses

The hush money is the act from which the other charges stem.  It was how the money was paid, from where the money came, who paid the money, how that person was reimbursed, how that reimbursement was improperly described in tax filings, the reason the hush money was paid and the lies that were told to cover up those payments.  If you don't understand the gravity of those acts, not just the hush money issue, then there's no making you understand any of this.  
      April 7, 2023 8:11 AM MDT

"The hush money is the act from which the other charges stem."

Hello S:

Very true..  That's why I pointed out above that the underlying activity that prompted felony charges, doesn't have to be a felony.  In fact, it doesn't even have to be a crime.

excon

This post was edited by excon at April 7, 2023 9:58 AM MDT
      April 7, 2023 9:16 AM MDT

Yes, well - saying it isn't the same as understanding the premises.  Considering how many of us have attempted to clarify the issue, and none of us succeeding, leads me to believe that it's time to give up.
      April 7, 2023 10:00 AM MDT

Some of our friends on Trump's side cannot fathom how he can do anything wrong, so they don't really want to know.
      April 7, 2023 2:06 PM MDT

Like nailing jello to a tree.
      April 7, 2023 2:55 PM MDT

Nailing jello to a tree may be easier.
      April 7, 2023 7:47 PM MDT

I'm beginning to think she's just having fun with everybody, 
      April 8, 2023 2:16 AM MDT

Nope making point....that Bragg did not specify what law the misdeanor bookkeeping offense what supposedly covering up. It should have been required in the indictment to elevate the misdeanor to a felony.
      April 8, 2023 5:55 AM MDT

Well, I guess that means you know NY state law better than the DA and Trump's lawyers and multiple legal experts who seem to agree that the indictment has to show only the laws the defendant is actually charged with breaking, not to provide evidence of why that charge is a felony. They all seem to think that what you are asking for is evidence and that's not what an indictment is for, that's what a trial is for.  But, hey, who am I to question your expertise? I'm sure you have done extensive research and are 100% correct. I bow to your superior knowledge. 
      April 8, 2023 7:15 AM MDT

I am not asking for evidence....I am asking why the alleged law being violated AND used to elevate a misdeanor to a felony is not stated in the indictment....that is the purpose of an indictment....to specify what laws are allegedly broken. 
      April 8, 2023 4:35 PM MDT

Just consider for one brief moment, that you have a mental block that prevents from understanding what an indictment is. 

If you really understood what you gave Askers Pick to, you would not have made this comment. And you disagreeing with NY law does not mean that all of us who took the time and effort to explain it to you are wrong.

Repeating your comments over and over will not yield a different definition of an indictment. I don't think any of us could been any clearer, so perhaps you are the problem. 

I hope you enjoyed putting down every person who was kind enough to answer. 
      April 8, 2023 6:19 PM MDT

If I tell you what I think, I'll get thrown off here.
      April 8, 2023 7:06 AM MDT

Me too.
      April 8, 2023 7:17 AM MDT

Me three.
      April 8, 2023 12:25 PM MDT

Client would indicate that he paid, rather than hosting events at his own property. 

April 6, 2023 8:02 PM MDT

I believe Trump involved with Epstein then Epstein would have had leverage over Trump which he would threatened to expose when Trump banned Epstein from Mar a La go.
      April 7, 2023 6:49 AM MDT

April 5, 2023 5:18 PM MDT

Hello my:

I'm thinking criminal conspiracy charges are similar enough to the ones Bragg is bringing..  Maybe I can explain it.  Let's say you and I are talking about robbing a bank.  Let's say we really, really MEAN it, too.  We're gonna ROB a bank. 

So far, simply TALKING about it, even if we really really mean it, is NOT a crime.   What's needed is for one of us to DO something, like buy some tape, which by itself isn't illegal either, but when taken together, IS enough to sustain criminal conspiracy charges..

So, we got some talking, which isn't a crime, and some buying, which also isn't a crime, but when taken together, it's enough to prove a criminal conspiracy..  Kinda crazy, huh?

Does that help?

excon This post was edited by excon at April 6, 2023 8:11 PM MDT
      April 6, 2023 1:47 PM MDT

Ok...conspiracy to do what illegal act? What law specifically did that illegal act violate?
      April 8, 2023 5:56 AM MDT

There is no such thing as a felony law. There are laws and there are crimes, some of which are felonies.
      April 6, 2023 8:14 PM MDT

You know what mean....what specific law was broken to elevate the misdeanor business records  violation to a felony? Bragg does not state it in the indictment nor in direct questions from the media. 
      April 7, 2023 6:36 AM MDT

Read the indictment.
      April 7, 2023 7:22 AM MDT

I have there is only one law specificed....the one about "falsified business records"....a misdeanor.   Unless they can tie it to another crime.....my question is what other law did this other crime violate?  No one seems to be able to answer what other law was broken or intended to be broken.....no even AG Bragg. 
      April 7, 2023 4:48 PM MDT

Then just chill out and wait and see. Posting about it won’t affect the outcome.

If your repetitive chatter is rooted in anxiety that Trump will lose again, don’t worry. We will elect a president next year. I promise.
      April 7, 2023 7:19 PM MDT

Again, if you do not what to debate it, feel free to ignore any questions you do not feel have a purpose. 
      April 8, 2023 5:45 AM MDT