Active Now

ENG / LLVF - formerly of AB
Randy D
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Is Alvin Bragg exactally what the Republican party needs?

Is Alvin Bragg exactally what the Republican party needs?

Manhattan District Attorney Alvin Bragg filed a lawsuit Tuesday against Republican House Judiciary Committee Chairman Jim Jordan, asking a court to block elements of the congressional inquiry into his case.

Bragg's suit asked the court to block Jordan's subpoena of Pomerantz. Jordan wants Pomerantz to sit for a deposition as part of the Judiciary panel's investigation into the indictment of Trump. Bragg's said "Chairman Jordan’s subpoena is an unconstitutional attempt to undermine an ongoing New York felony criminal prosecution and investigation. As our complaint details, this is an unprecedented, illegitimate interference by Congress that lacks any legal merit and defies basic principles of federalism."

I think the Republican party needs to be shown that they can't do and say what ever they want because of Trump. And I think Alvin Bragg's is the man that will show them that. Cheers!

Posted - April 11, 2023

Responses

I sure hope so.  He has been criticized as being soft on criminals, but I hope that if he has any strength at all, he uses it against Trump.
      April 11, 2023 3:49 PM MDT

When you take Federal money, you become subject to Congressional oversight.  

This is the guy who wrote a book about his time in Braggs office....if he can write a book he can testify about it. 

Now, a NY judge maybe biased enough not to see it that way.   

So far it is not looking good for Bragg, the judge refused to issue a stay on the supena. 

This post was edited by my2cents at April 12, 2023 6:20 AM MDT
      April 12, 2023 5:56 AM MDT

Bragg lost.   He should get used to it. 
      April 14, 2023 7:17 PM MDT

I think the case is still open so we still don't know if Bragg should get used to losing or winning. Cheers and happy weekend! This post was edited by Nanoose at April 15, 2023 9:49 AM MDT
      April 15, 2023 8:25 AM MDT

Sorry...you are right. I misread something and thought the ruling had been issued. It was on the temp order the Judge refused to issue for Bragg. 
      April 15, 2023 9:14 AM MDT

He lost now...it is offical.
      April 20, 2023 6:27 AM MDT

The Republican Party needs to go away or at lease the people a part of it.
      April 15, 2023 1:30 PM MDT

The Republican party needs a conscience, integrity, the ability to put country before party, and a clue as to what the majority of people in the US consider important. 
      April 15, 2023 7:26 PM MDT

The Republican Party needs a reset. It's currently in the grip of the lunatic Right and controlled by a demagogue. Two great former Republican Presidents, Lincoln and Eisenhower, would not have been nominated today - too "liberal". Compared to His Royal Orangeness, Mussolini was "liberal".
      April 15, 2023 10:56 PM MDT

It is official now, Bragg lost.   

As the Judge said "Mr. Pomerantz must appear for the Congressional deposition. No one is above the law."
      April 20, 2023 6:26 AM MDT

Bragg's office is appealing so it may not be final.
      April 20, 2023 10:50 AM MDT

Maybe....but when an office accepts Federal money...it subjects itself to Federal oversight of that money spent. Which Bragg openly admits to using to fund his suit against Trump. 
      April 20, 2023 11:35 AM MDT