Discussion » Questions » Music » Do you know the secret about Genesis' song "Invisible Touch"? I discovered it!!

Do you know the secret about Genesis' song "Invisible Touch"? I discovered it!!

Lead singer Phil Collins was bribed to purposely (and irritatingly) over pronounce the word "touch" through entire song.

The song is really called "Invisible TouCHA"

Collins admitted that the same person bribed Billy Ocean to strangely pronounce "Caribbean" in Ocean's "Caribbean Queen"  :

That song is really " Cara-Buheehhn Queen"

Posted - April 20, 2023

Responses

I'm not sure if you're joking or serious! Hehe. 
      April 22, 2023 7:57 AM MDT

I 'serious'ly let both songs irritate because of those guys pronunciations.  :)

I just wanted a joking way to share.  :)

April 22, 2023 6:31 PM MDT

I thought you were joking. :)

Annoying pronunciations, I agreed. 
      April 22, 2023 8:31 PM MDT

Yup, I was joking. Few people have ever agreed with me on the pronunciations on those songs. Sort of cool to hear I'm not alone, thanks.  :)
      April 23, 2023 4:09 PM MDT

Shortly after the second of those two songs were released, 1984 for “Caribbean Queen (No More Love on the Run)” and 1986 for “Invisible Touch”, I met a woman from Barbados, and in classic Randolph D Randall fashion, I tried to woo her. As soon as she felt me apply the almost invisible touch of pinching her butt, she slapped the heck out of me.  Grrrrrrr.

(None of that really happened, I just took advantage of the opportunity to come up with a little pun-based tale.)

:|

April 22, 2023 11:26 AM MDT

:)
    :)
      Very good!
      April 22, 2023 6:29 PM MDT