Active Now

Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » HEAR YE, HEAR YE - HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?

HEAR YE, HEAR YE - HAVE YOU SEEN THIS?

Tucker Carlson out at FOX IMMEDIATELY!!!

Virginia Chamlee
Mon, April 24, 2023 at 8:41 AM PDT

“FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways,” a statement announcing the departure reads. “Mr. Carlson’s last program was Friday”

Tucker Carlson is leaving Fox News, the network announced Monday morning.

In a statement the network said "FOX News Media and Tucker Carlson have agreed to part ways. We thank him for his service to the network as a host and prior to that as a contributor."

Carlson's last program was Friday. Beginning Monday evening, the network will air Fox News Tonight as an interim show helmed by rotating FOX News personalities until a new host is determined."

https://www.yahoo.com/entertainment/tucker-carlson-departs-fox-news-154146138.html

Posted - April 24, 2023

Responses

Seen it.  Don't feel a bit sorry for him.  He turned into a liability for them (a $700+ million liability!)

April 24, 2023 12:44 PM MDT

I've only seen it here. I would never know the difference since I never watch Fox news. I'll be looking forward to further comments generated by your post because it will the only information I'll get.
      April 24, 2023 1:08 PM MDT

Bet it wasn't much of an agreement. They told him to shut his mouth about the election been rigged (and a few other things). He said no. And they said well your done here. And he said when. And they said last Friday.
    I think it looks good on him and maybe it will scare a few other people into watching what they say on national TV. Cheers!
      April 24, 2023 1:57 PM MDT

Tucker Carlson will use this to his advantage and may have wanted it to happen. He can take his millions of gullible followers and move to one of the even more radical outlets, start his own network, or even run for office. He can become even more outrageous, claiming he was fired for trying to tell the truth.
      April 24, 2023 2:00 PM MDT

Why are you SHOUTING? Personally, I don’t watch Fox News so it makes no difference. This sort of thing happens all the time. It’s often about money.
      April 24, 2023 2:18 PM MDT

Oh well... 
    His show producer left as well....he not going away from anywhere but FOX.  

I left FOX years ago myself.   

CNN fired Don Lemmon today, as well.

This post was edited by my2cents at April 24, 2023 3:46 PM MDT
      April 24, 2023 2:48 PM MDT

RFK Jr thinks this:

Fox fires
    @TuckerCarlson
    five days after he crosses the red line by acknowledging that the TV networks pushed a deadly and ineffective vaccine to please their Pharma advertisers. Carlson’s breathtakingly courageous April 19 monologue broke TV’s two biggest rules: Tucker told the truth about how greedy Pharma advertisers controlled TV news content and he lambasted obsequious newscasters for promoting jabs they knew to be lethal and worthless. For many years, Tucker has had the nation's biggest audience averaging 3.5 million — 10 times the size of CNN. Fox just demonstrated the terrifying power of Big Pharma.

This post was edited by my2cents at April 25, 2023 7:06 PM MDT
      April 24, 2023 3:38 PM MDT

Thinks what?
      April 24, 2023 3:46 PM MDT

Sorry...for some reason the site is not letting the image post....
      April 24, 2023 4:58 PM MDT

I was able to copy/paste it.
      April 24, 2023 6:01 PM MDT

They fired him after he cost them over half a billion dollars worth of lawsuit settlement. The tinfoil hat stuff coincided with it, but purely coincidal. Rupert doesn't like losing money.
      April 24, 2023 7:22 PM MDT

Not sure how he cost them....he was not covering the election fraud. None of them were.....Murdock did not loose anything, his insurance company paid any loses. But 
    he will take a hit to stop the courts from looking at evidence proving fraud....settlement stopped that as well. Murdock is 
    not a Trump fan. Neither is Ryan.

You are right about not liking to loose money....what industry accounts for almost half of advertising on FOX?  
    This post was edited by my2cents at April 24, 2023 8:11 PM MDT
      April 24, 2023 7:25 PM MDT

He absolutely was and they were, otherwise Fox would have contested Dominion's claim. Defamation suits are notoriously hard to make stick in the US due to First Amendment counter-claims, it pretty much has to be a slam dunk. They capitulated because it was cast iron, uncontestable.
      April 24, 2023 8:05 PM MDT

No he did not.....that is one of the reasons I quit FOX they absolutely were not covering the election fraud. 
      April 24, 2023 8:12 PM MDT

So WHY did Fox settle? You can't have it both ways. Either Fox didn't accuse Dominion of rigging their machines, in which case they contest and Dominion loses, or they did and Fox settled for less than a jury probably would have awarded, which Dominion accepted for the sake of brevity (and to prevent lawyers' fees from eating most of it - they're the only folks who actually win a lawsuit).
    They obviously did and Carlson was up to his a$$ in it. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 25, 2023 6:05 AM MDT
      April 24, 2023 8:22 PM MDT

FOX settled because to fight it would have revealed evidence of fraud on the record in a courtroom. And Murdock does not want to help Trump....insurance paid it not FOX.
      April 24, 2023 9:13 PM MDT

You're unbelievable, you know that? There was NO fraud, there is no such thing as insurance against defamation lawsuits and Trump lost, Murdoch-spelled-with-an-aitch has an aversion to backing losers (who is this Murdock guy?). Trump could still find himself strapped to a table on a KCl drip, treason and insurrection are CAPITAL crimes. This post was edited by Slartibartfast at April 25, 2023 6:06 AM MDT
      April 24, 2023 9:21 PM MDT

There is indeed....Media Liability insurance. Look it up, I guarantee FOX has it. 

There was fraud. And there is evidence for it. 

I really don't care how he spells his name. You know who I was talking about. 

As I said before don't hold your breath waiting for some verdict on Trump and Jan 6th riot....it ain't gonna happen.
      April 24, 2023 9:38 PM MDT

Not if foreknowledge can be demonstrated. In the same way that your car insurance won't cover you if you deliberately wreck a new car, or if you're drunk, any claim by Fox will either be summarily denied or at least not be completely covered.
    The "evidence for fraud" only exists in your mind and that of fellow Trumpicans, the lawsuits are umpteen for zero.
    If Trump manages to weasel out of Jan 6, he's still liable to do time for attempting to get a hammer lock on Raffensperger four days earlier - that was recorded.
      April 24, 2023 9:59 PM MDT

It was likely insurance company that recommended the settlement, they prefer to settle than pay lawyers and risk a jury. I had one pay when there was NO legal liability at all.
    No lawsuits examined evidence...most were dismissed on technicalities....no standing, should have filled before the election (after being dismissed for filing too soon...before the election)
    Tens of thousands of people not registered to vote at their correct address, registered in other states, people who went to vote day of election being told they already voted by mail, ballots without proper chain of custody, illegal harvesting ballot boxes being pulled out from under tables after they sent all the counters home....etc, etc, etc
      Sure claim no evidence...does not make it the truth. 

Yep is it all on tape, GA call and Jan 6th speech, the Ukraine call all on record showing nothing was done wrong. 
    This post was edited by my2cents at April 24, 2023 11:51 PM MDT
      April 24, 2023 11:49 PM MDT

LOL. Suddenly you’re a Kennedy supporter?
      April 24, 2023 8:27 PM MDT

Nope....I would never vote for this guy. 
      April 24, 2023 8:45 PM MDT

Just hours after Fox News unexpectedly announced Carlson's departure he was offered work by Russian state media networks that have fiercely supported the invasion of Ukraine  and echo much of Carlson's conspiratorial rhetoric. Cheers!
      April 25, 2023 1:42 PM MDT

I never watched Tucker Carlson except for one YouTube video of him taking the opposite position of something I support.

lol. I’ve heard more about him in the last two days than I have for the entire time he was on TV.

For some reason, this article in my news feed that has another theory tickled my funny bone.  I don‘t know why.
    This post was edited by Livvie at April 25, 2023 9:55 PM MDT
      April 25, 2023 7:04 PM MDT