Active Now

Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Environment » So, basically, there is no way we're saving the planet?

So, basically, there is no way we're saving the planet?

https://www.nature.com/articles/d41586-023-01599-5

Posted - May 15, 2023

Responses

It is not even so much bribes, but they know what happens to scientists who disagree....they loose money, they loose grants, they loose jobs....
      May 19, 2023 4:54 AM MDT

Don't you feel like there are many other people who think the way you do about global warming? Seems to me like there would be enough money in corroborating your views, if proper science allowed for it. (Those who contradict geoscientists' conclusions often do so by misrepresenting the latter's own work.)

There's no doubt that many huge corporations in oil, mining, cattle ranching etc. would pay massive sums to scientists who could demonstrate that greenhouse gases work the way they would want them to... At least it could spare them the necessity of spending millions on lobbying conservative politicians. https://www.theguardian.com/environment/2021/jul/19/big-oil-climate-crisis-lobby-group-api
      June 1, 2023 7:14 PM MDT

Governments' money....regular people cannot compete with that. 
    There is less carbon now than in the past. There is evidence of increasing carbon being a affect of the warming earth not the cause. 
    The climate changes,  it is not man made change. 
    When the climate alarmists stop flying their private jets to the climate accords while expecting us peons to ride our bicycles, I will believe there is an issue. 
      June 2, 2023 5:45 AM MDT

"How many honest scientists do you believe there are?"

According to Psychology Today, "In one recent study, 60 percent of people reported telling no lies during a typical day, with another 25 percent telling one or two lies per day. So, 85 percent of people appeared to be quite honest."

Having spent almost eight decades with my fellow human beings, that number sounds about right. This post was edited by NYAD at November 24, 2023 8:09 PM MST
      May 18, 2023 8:05 AM MDT

Assuming the people did not lie to the people doing the study....
      May 18, 2023 3:24 PM MDT

Ah, did you read my last line? I've got enough personal experience with humanity to make my own assessment. Thanks for your feedback!!
      May 18, 2023 5:43 PM MDT

We didn't kill the planet in the first place. 
      May 16, 2023 1:00 PM MDT