Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » What do you think of this song?

What do you think of this song?

(Song starts at 2:30)

Link to direct video....youtube appears to be blocking it
https://youtu.be/b1_RKu-ESCY 

Lyrics:

Sucker punch somebody on a sidewalk
Carjack an old lady at a red light
Pull a gun on the owner of a liquor store
Ya think it’s cool, well, act a fool if ya like
Cuss out a cop, spit in his face
Stomp on the flag and light it up
Yeah, ya think you’re tough

[Chorus]
Well, try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
‘Round here, we take care of our own
You cross that line, it won’t take long
For you to find out, I recommend you don’t
Try that in a small town

[Verse 2]
Got a gun that my granddad gave me
They say one day they’re gonna round up
Well, that sh*t might fly in the city, good luck

[Chorus]
Try that in a small town
See how far ya make it down the road
Try that in a small town

[Bridge]
Full of good ol’ boys, raised up right
If you’re looking for a fight
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town

[Chorus]
Try that in a small town
(See how far ya make it down the road)
Try that in a small town
Try that in a small town, mm-mm

[Outro]
Try that in a small town

Posted - July 21, 2023

Responses

The "protesters" were the rioters. Cheers and happy weekend!
      July 22, 2023 6:44 PM MDT

No. Some were rioters and most were peaceful protesters.  Some were Trump supporters and some were antifa instigators.   It is on video, Google John Sullivan he was an antfa and BLM member who was there pretending to be a Trump supporter who filmed himself. He was there with a CNN reporter and is on video after the Capitol breech bragging how he could not the her (the CNN reporter everything before) but look at this WE did this.  He made the rounds on all the news stations shortly afterwards.  There is video of antfa member getting off a bus and going into a wooded area and changing into Trump gear.

So, NO, not all the people there were rioters and most were peaceful protesters. I am just glad I live more than a days drive from DC, cause I would have been there and may likely followed the peaceful crowd right in. I am no violent, I have never damaged anyone property or harmed another person.  But when you have Capitol police waving people forward and telling them they are allowed inside as long as they are peaceful. 
      July 23, 2023 6:43 AM MDT

It is not even close to being most of them were peaceful  protesters. And I think it is a understatement to say only some of them were Trump supporters. It was a riot that was likely the worst one in American history so footage of it should of been in the Try That In A Small Town video. And I think the reason it wasn't is because Jason Aldean is a Harper Valley hypocrite that chooses which riots are OK and which riots are not. Cheers!  
      July 23, 2023 8:26 AM MDT

How many are/were charged with violence or property destruction?  Very few.  
    Most charged with trespassing.  Over 10,000 people were there and less than 1500 people were charged and all. Against most charges were trespassing, unauthorized parading etc.   
    Those are the people Aldean is supporting and that I support. I do not support anyone who was violent....on the right or the left. 

July 23, 2023 9:55 AM MDT

I don’t love it but I don’t hate it.  I probably won’t download it but if I hear it on the radio I won’t change the station either.  I’m pretty much neutral on this particular song, it just does’t bother me, but I can always find at least one song I like from almost every artist.
      July 22, 2023 10:14 PM MDT

I don't listen to country anymore but the more I have heard this one, it has grown on me.
      July 23, 2023 6:44 AM MDT

It could grow on me also.  There are a lot of songs that we’re just OK at first but then I really started to like them.
      July 23, 2023 7:56 AM MDT