Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Health and Wellness » Are you getting Covid Test Kits from your Health Dept?

Are you getting Covid Test Kits from your Health Dept?

There is a good chance they are bad.  New test kit; I conducted my own experiment by putting the clean swab in the solution swirling it 5 times then putting the solution on the test strip, it came up positive. Next test, new kit: I put the pristine solution without swabbing first and it also came up positive.  This was done after testing positive every single time for the last 9 months, sometimes weekly and later monthly. There had to be something wrong, I have no symptoms at all, not been sick. Was told in January, 2023, I had Covid, I've been keeping watch ever since then, waiting for that negative test.  After 9 months of anxiety, I knew it wasn't me and performed the tests, two hours after picking up four test kits from our health department.  Check it out yourself, let me know what results you had. Yes, I washed my hands first and no, I did not take a nasal sample.

Posted - September 6, 2023

Responses

I have never taken a test. 

But have had people show me where they tested an orange and other items...all came out positive. 
      September 6, 2023 7:39 AM MDT

Testing an acidic substance will alter the mechanics of the test and cause a false positive.  This was a thing kids were showing on social media and it's not indicative of a faulty test, as I'm sure you are aware. Just sharing this for anyone who hasn't seen it.

https://www.reuters.com/article/factcheck-covid-lfd-idUSL1N2OS2CH This post was edited by Jane S at September 7, 2023 9:21 AM MDT
      September 6, 2023 4:43 PM MDT

I simply can't understand why people would go out of their way to try to discredit something that could save life's and help stop the spread of a virus. Cheers!
      September 6, 2023 6:19 PM MDT

The way I understand it, kids shared this info so they could produce a positive test in order to skip school. But, that may or may not be true.
      September 6, 2023 7:23 PM MDT

That actually would not make sense because at this information was spread....schools were closed. 
      September 7, 2023 6:45 AM MDT

Information can be disseminated and knowledge of something can be acquired when schools are closed, especially over the internet, which is often the case of how it happens with the younger crowd.
      ~

September 7, 2023 6:51 AM MDT

True. But there was no reason to test to skip school.....it was closed already. 
      September 7, 2023 6:55 AM MDT

Covid did not go away when the schools reopened.  I only heard about this the last couple of years, not during the height of the pandemic when at home tests weren't even available. 
      September 7, 2023 9:20 AM MDT

I heard about the false test results as soon as home test were available.  Most schools were still doing the online stuff at the time. 
      September 7, 2023 5:07 PM MDT

If you say so. 
      September 7, 2023 7:13 PM MDT

May 2021. 
      September 8, 2023 7:18 AM MDT

I actually was not aware of the acid being the cause of a false positive. That actually makes sense. Thank you. 

I am taking any tests etc. I am just to the point I do not trust any of them. 
      September 6, 2023 6:44 PM MDT

I used the unopened solution provided in the test kit, it should have come out negative since there wasn't Covid present.
      September 7, 2023 8:36 AM MDT

This is quite a mystery. Statistics say there is a very small percentage of false positives if the test is used correctly. If your health department has a bad batch of tests, I'm sure they would want to be told.
      September 7, 2023 9:26 AM MDT

I may have solved the mystery - and my Q-tip  points to Donald J Trump. He started making a mockery of science and the test kits the day he started ranting about what a great job he was doing on the virus and how the democrats were accusing him of not getting out supplies and test kits fast enough. Then with a smirky look on his face he pulled a ear Q-tip out of his pocket. Heath departments need a lot of info and facts to find something that works. And false information and smirky - smirk looks don't help. Cheers! This post was edited by Nanoose at September 7, 2023 12:36 PM MDT
      September 7, 2023 10:33 AM MDT

Donald Trump did not pick these test kits up from my Health Department, nor did he perform the tests, I did.  The test kits came up positive when they should not have, is my point.
      September 7, 2023 12:38 PM MDT

I have taken a number of tests over the 3 years and all but one came back negative. The positive one was when I had multiple Covid symptoms and clearly had Covid.
      September 6, 2023 7:46 AM MDT

Last week I reported my findings to the Health Department, directly to the one responsible for ordering the kits.  Today I went back and got another test.  Did the same thing; poured the solution directly on the test strip...IT CAME UP POSITIVE!  I feel like I'm being deceived.  I plan on going to the Health Department Monday and find out what their explanation is.  I'm NOT letting this go.  Meanwhile a whole town is subjected to the same deception,  How many people has this affected, I plan to find out. 
      September 15, 2023 4:19 PM MDT

Good for you.
      September 15, 2023 6:06 PM MDT

I have three tests at home, but I haven't checked the expiration dates.  They may not be good.  I have no symptoms, so I'm not too worried.
      September 6, 2023 8:37 AM MDT

No.
      ~

September 6, 2023 8:51 AM MDT

Depending on the lab that manufactured the home test kit, some expiration dates have been extended.  This link will take you to a list of all the labs, the current expiration dates and the dates to which they have been extended:

https://www.fda.gov/medical-devices/coronavirus-covid-19-and-medical-devices/home-otc-covid-19-diagnostic-tests#list
      September 6, 2023 9:02 AM MDT

Instead of complaining and implying a political motive or issue, you could simply get them elsewhere.
      September 6, 2023 11:51 AM MDT

Where is she implying a motive, political or otherwise?
      September 7, 2023 6:46 AM MDT