Active Now

Danilo_G
Spunky
Discussion » Questions » Legal » Should Trump be celebrating his legal win in Colorado?

Should Trump be celebrating his legal win in Colorado?

On Friday a Colorado judge rejected an effort to keep Trump off the state's primary ballot. The judge concluded that Trump had engaged in insurrection during the Jan. 6th attack on the Capitol. But that it was unclear whether a Civil War-era constitutional amendment barring insurrectionists from public office applied to the presidency. I think it is a - he may of won the battle but he lost the war type of victory. I think the judges ruling will reflect on the case that Jack Smith has going. So Trump will be on the Colorado ballot but if he wins the election he will be serving his term in prison for engaging in a insurrection/treason. Cheers!

Posted - November 19, 2023

Responses

I'm guessing this ruling will be appealed. But realistically,  the courts are probably just going to throw this back to Congress who will have to decide whether he could be sworn in if he were to win the election. Theoretically, a candidate could win by write-in votes without ever being on the ballot. Did you know that Jefferson Davis, president of the Confederacy, only served two years in prison? It doesn't set much a a precedent for Trump getting a lengthy term behind bars if convicted. 
      November 19, 2023 11:11 AM MST

Well if it comes down to write-in votes Trump might be in trouble. Maybe a majority of the redneck/hillbilly MAGAs won’t spell Donald correctly on the ballots so they will be void. Be pretty funny hearing Trump explain that – water pipes burst at polling stations and the workers were evacuated. Then Biden supporters pulled out bottles of White-Out from under the desks and blotted out the O in my name. Cheers!

November 20, 2023 8:49 AM MST

The ruling puts him on the ballot.   AND sets precident that the 14th amendment does NOT apply to him. 

Yes that is two wins. 
      November 20, 2023 6:05 PM MST