Active Now

Slartibartfast
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » If you could suspend time so that everything around you is standing still until you restart it, how would you use that power?

If you could suspend time so that everything around you is standing still until you restart it, how would you use that power?

Posted - January 9

Responses

The serious sciencey answer: I would be too busy freezing to death before I could restart anything because the temperature around me just fell to -273° and it’s probably also completely dark so I can’t see what I’m doing in the short amount of time it‘s taking me to freeze to death.

If it works like it did in the movie Clockstoppers:

*alarm goes off*

*shuts off alarm*

*freezes time*

*goes back to sleep*

This post was edited by Livvie at January 11, 2024 4:23 AM MST
      January 9, 2024 8:25 PM MST

The sun's rays would be standing still too. Enjoy sleeping in.
      January 11, 2024 12:05 PM MST

If it meant I didn't get hungry, and could run on water, I'd travel! 

Would be nice if at least one more person could join in. Unless we'd be taking "fighting over the remote control" to a whole new level.
      January 18, 2024 5:43 AM MST

Hunger wouldn't be a problem since you could just help yourself to any food you want. However, the only travel you could do would be on foot, since all vehicles would be standing still.
      January 18, 2024 4:22 PM MST

I'm all for that! Really admire people who walk around the world like that. It seems border patrols tend to be their most severe enemies.
      January 18, 2024 5:10 PM MST