Active Now

CosmicWunderkind
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Would this concern you?

Would this concern you?

My neighbor is fixated on the trial of Darrel Brooks, one who drove through the parade, killed 6 people and injured many more.  She has been watching the trial over and over and over for months,  day and night, sometimes leaves it on while she sleeps, or should I say passed out from alcohol. Can recite much of the testimony and other things by heart.  Only recently has she watched anything else. 

Posted - May 20

Responses

No...not my neighbor.
      May 20, 2024 7:14 PM MDT

Alcoholics do a lot of crazy things.  I try not to concern myself with what goes on in other people's homes unless it directly affects me.  
      May 21, 2024 7:36 AM MDT

How would I even know about her?
      May 21, 2024 10:53 AM MDT

Wouldn't bother me in the least as long as she stays out of my yard.
      May 21, 2024 3:51 PM MDT

As long as she stays at her place...I don't care.   Just keep your crazy at your home. 
      May 21, 2024 7:40 PM MDT

This may be cause for concern, but only you can decide that. Alcoholism affects the brain. Looking out for others is the right thing to do.
      May 21, 2024 9:35 PM MDT

I was four years sober and tried two Athletic .5 percent alcohol beers but I felt like the old days when I over drank and I got head ache tinged and I got mad like how could you do this this to me.
    I hope it wasn't the societal expectation thing where the placebo effect from karma or body sensitivity battle for first place you know. Yicky-sticky.
    Here are a few reasons why you might feel like a non-alcoholic beer is giving you a headache:

1. **Sensitivity to Alcohol**: Some people are extremely sensitive to alcohol. Even the small amounts found in non-alcoholic beer can trigger a reaction in highly sensitive individuals.

2. **Placebo Effect**: Expectations can play a significant role in how we perceive the effects of substances. If you expected the non-alcoholic beer to affect you like an alcoholic one might, your body could manifest symptoms like a headache.

3. **Ingredients**: Non-alcoholic beers still contain other components found in regular beers, such as hops, yeast, and barley. You might be sensitive or allergic to one of these ingredients, which could cause headaches.

4. **Psychosomatic Response**: Sometimes, the body can react based on past experiences with similar stimuli. If your body used to react to beer with a headache, it might automatically do so even with the non-alcoholic version.

This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at May 22, 2024 7:19 AM MDT
      May 22, 2024 4:58 AM MDT

My point exactly!!
      May 22, 2024 7:20 AM MDT

To carry on with complicated and thanks, The Karen Read case 12 miles away from me is horrifyingly terrible and it was the last chat gpt 4 question out of three I ask including the one above and I was only allowed three questions . Here's the last result. Alcohol was major factor on this! My mom was right. Alcohol is the scourge of the earth. 87 witnesses! 77 witnesses.

• Prosecution's case:
      Prosecutors claim Read hit O'Keefe with her SUV after a night of drinking and then left him to die outside a Canton home during a snowstorm. They plan to call up to 87 witnesses.
    • Defense's case:
      Read's defense team claims that O'Keefe was beaten inside the home of another officer, Sergeant Detective Albert, and then dumped outside. They argue that Read is the victim of a cover-up by state and local law enforcement officials who allowed the real killer to go free. They plan to call up to 77 witnesses. 
    This post was edited by CosmicWunderkind at May 22, 2024 3:48 PM MDT
      May 22, 2024 7:31 AM MDT

Alcohol affects the reasoning center of the brain directly.
      May 22, 2024 10:05 AM MDT

Yes, it's an ugly way to live. 
      May 22, 2024 3:47 PM MDT