Active Now

my2cents
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Did you hear that Biden was planning on assassinating Trump?

Did you hear that Biden was planning on assassinating Trump?

On Truth Social Trump claimed that Biden and the DOJ were planning to assassinate him during the Mar-a-Lago raid. Then he added that Biden and the lunatic left would do anything to stop him from winning the election and he pleaded for donations to save America. I think it is BS. If the FBI was planning on assassinating him at Mar-a-Logo then why did they plan the raid for when Trump wasn't there. Also the MAGA’s are saying that when the FBI showed up for the raid they were planing on a gun fight to take out Trump and his supporters. If so then why did the FBI show up wearing Polo shirts instead of bullet proof vests? I think this whole thing is just another money grab and another way to spread hate. Cheers!

Posted - May 23

Responses

The thing you don't understand is that the use of deadly force is only acceptable against shoplifters. A bottle of liquor is much more precious than our country's secrets. (Not that I believe for one second that Trump had anything to worry about.)
      May 23, 2024 5:14 PM MDT

Self defense is a right every human being should have...
      May 23, 2024 5:57 PM MDT

Including the FBI when executing search warrants. 
      May 23, 2024 8:41 PM MDT

There is a difference between defending or being on offense.  
    There was no need to do a raid. President Trump was being fully cooperative in the negotiations on what doctuments were and were not government properties and securing them the way the gov requested.  
    This was about getting a staged photo of "classified docts" they threw on the floor. To hopefully stop President Trump from securing the GOP nomination.  
    And they were willing to shoot Secret Service members to do it. 
      May 24, 2024 4:43 PM MDT

If you believe any of that, all the proof in the world won't be enough for you. 
      May 24, 2024 5:26 PM MDT

The photo was staged. The photo was leaked to the press. And Garland sent the FBI in ready to shoot (authorized to shoot) SS agents.  FBI came in plain polo shirts, had a medic on scene and had a trauma center on standby for injured parties. What would have happened if security at Maralago fought back thinking the polo shirted FBI was trying to harm guests or members of the Trump family? 
      May 24, 2024 7:05 PM MDT

smh
      May 24, 2024 7:32 PM MDT

It is all in the unredacted warrant and other unredacted court docts in the Jack Smith case. 

May 24, 2024 7:38 PM MDT

Then provide a link. All I  have seen is radical right-wing nuts trying to make standard operating procedures into a nefarious plot. According to Trump lawyer, Christina Bobb, security cameras were on and Trump watched the whole thing as it happened. When we he release that footage? If you want to debate this, then post a separate question so I won't be the only one calling you out.
      May 25, 2024 5:52 AM MDT

May 25, 2024 6:42 AM MDT

I have seen that before and dispute your interpretation. If you want a debate then post a question.

But since your source is Newsweek, then you should read this Newsweek article.
    https://www.newsweek.com/fact-check-fbi-donald-trump-assassination-steve-bannon-1903627 This post was edited by Jane S at May 25, 2024 7:36 AM MDT
      May 25, 2024 7:17 AM MDT

Again, the question is what would have happened if Trump had come home before the raid?   There were prepared to engage with the Secret Service.    

Or if Barron objected to them going through his room or his Mother's underwear drawer, what could have happened?  
    They had authority to use deadly force....at President Trump residence that also both Secret Service and private security on site.   This could easily have gone badly.  And AG Garland sent them anyway even with FBI agents objecting.  
      May 25, 2024 12:52 PM MDT

Again, start a new discussion if you want to debate whether the FBI should be armed.
      May 25, 2024 12:58 PM MDT

They should not have went....and they should not have been given the deadly force authorization.  They should have been told they were not authorized to use deadly force. They should have brought nonlethal weapons to possibly engage with Secret Service and other law enforcement officers.  Not to mention the former Presidential family, and employees, members of Maralago.  
      May 25, 2024 2:59 PM MDT

Did you just call him "President Trump"... twice? In relation to what happened in 2022?
      May 24, 2024 6:04 PM MDT

That is the proper title for him.  His proper title is President Trump just as Obama, Clinton, Bush, Carter and any other living person who was elected to the office of President....their proper titles are President Obama, President Bush, President Clinton, and President Carter as is current and soon to be former President Biden even after he leaves office on Jan 20, 2025. His proper title is and will be President Biden. 
      May 24, 2024 6:50 PM MDT

I stand corrected--thanks!
      May 25, 2024 4:17 AM MDT

We only have one president at a time, so officially they do not retain the title. But it's done so often, that many people think it's the correct form of address. It is done out of respect, so few argue the point.
      May 25, 2024 5:55 AM MDT

For someone who's from one country with two governments and three presidents, that's all very confusing!
      May 25, 2024 6:37 AM MDT

I have never heard anyone who still calls Trump president – still call Obama president. I think the only reason they still call Trump president is because they believe he still is president. Cheers and happy weekend!

May 25, 2024 6:37 AM MDT

It happens normally the former or ex is used but often it is not. 
      May 25, 2024 7:07 AM MDT

Proper is not the correct term... but it is how it is done today.  No one says Governor Clinton or Governor Carter etc (which it the true proper title...highest office other than President) when referring to them. 
      May 25, 2024 7:11 AM MDT

Isn't that what I just said? 
      May 25, 2024 7:18 AM MDT

So I cannot simply agree with you???
      May 25, 2024 12:44 PM MDT

I didn't think so, but I guess you can.
      May 25, 2024 12:58 PM MDT