Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » Are you okay with funding Urkaine war for 10 yrs?

Are you okay with funding Urkaine war for 10 yrs?

Posted - June 14

Responses

No.  But if trump gets back in power there won't be a US around in 10 years.
      June 14, 2024 10:07 AM MDT

Well Biden just signed an agreement to fund it. 

You survived 4 years of Trump....you will make it another. Personally,  I am just barely surviving Biden.  But have got some other unexpected income that will keep me going until next year.  

June 14, 2024 6:27 PM MDT

Maybe Shuhak personally survived four years of Trump, but hundreds of thousands of Americans did not, thanks to his inept handling of the pandemic.  The US has 5% of the world population,  but had 30% of Covid deaths. We can't risk another crisis that Trump isn't capable of responding to.
      June 15, 2024 10:12 AM MDT

Fauci was in charge of covid BS.  And local government.   Trump got the clot shot for Fauci....one of his mist.

Governors putting covid patients in nursing homes and then a surprise they had deaths.
      June 15, 2024 4:06 PM MDT

For weeks, Trump told the public not to worry about it, China had it under control. He ignored his own intelligence officers who knew China was lying. And that's just for starters. Spare me your right-wing propaganda. Trump has blood on his hands.
      June 15, 2024 5:58 PM MDT

He told us that because that is exactly what Fauci told both Trump and the American people. 
    Fauci told us not to worry and not to wear masks etc.  Then he switched it all up.  That is when I stopped listening  to him and his BS.  He has a horrible history.   Refused to treat AIDS patients with meds that worked. (Sounds familiar doesn't it) They even made a movie about it: "Dallas Buyer's Club."  He experimented on minority orphans.  He experimented on beagles.   He is an evil man. And should have never been in the position of power he has had. 
      June 15, 2024 7:22 PM MDT

Blah,  blah, blah.
      June 15, 2024 8:37 PM MDT

Facts.....  No need in trusting the science.  

My Right wing governor did not put Covid patients in nursing homes. NY Governor Coumo certainly did and I do believe that is the area that had the most deaths....gee I wonder why.  Then they locked people up inside....sunlight kills the disease.   Again, my Ring Wing Governor did not do that either. But NY Coumo certainly did. This post was edited by my2cents at June 17, 2024 10:37 AM MDT
      June 16, 2024 7:03 AM MDT

March 8 2020: Dr Fauci says “There’s no reason to be walking around with a mask. When you’re in the middle of an outbreak, wearing a mask might make people feel a little bit better and it might even block a droplet, but it’s not providing the perfect protection that people think that it is. And, often, there are unintended consequences — people keep fiddling with the mask and they keep touching their face.” 

Then in April he wants mask mandates. Again, this is when I stopped listening to him. 
      June 16, 2024 7:13 AM MDT

Lots of blame to go around for sure. But the ignoring years of warning that a pandemic was likely and failing to make any preparations is on the federal government and the president. Lack of leadership from the top and mixed messaging made it worse. You can't have it both ways, Trump gets credit for the good things and shifts blame when it's bad. You wouldn't accept that crap from the left and you know it. Trump was either in charge or he wasn't. End of story.
      June 16, 2024 8:53 AM MDT

Presidents are not in charge of states....Governors are. President's can suggest (and have great power in their suggestions) But it was the Governors who decided where to put covid patients. And Governors who decided whether or not to lock down their states.  Not the Presidents.  And the most deaths happened in Dem Governors states...(NY, CA etc) Presidents have a lot of power but they are not dictators.   
    And Trump was sadly trusting Fauci...who was saying one thing and then saying other things shortly afterwards.  You are correct mixed messaging was bad and he should have Fired Fauci in April 2020. That is a fault of Trump, he is too forgiving of people. 

I am sure you expect Trump/Obama/Bush to share that blame for allowing out PPE supply for dropping or is it just Trump? 
      June 16, 2024 1:34 PM MDT

Just Trump. He had a detailed pandemic plan from the previous administration. The contract that Obama had to replace the stockpile was dropped by Trump. The inadequate border shutdown, that was all Trump. The refusal to warn the medical community that they should make sure they had extra inventory on hand, again all Trump. You want to fixate on masking, but by that time Trump had already let the virus run rampant. He was handed a plan in 2017 for a predicted pandemic and botched it.

Clinton, Bush, Obama all spoke about how the next new virus could be a global crisis. Trump said repeatedly that no one could have predicted it. 

The sad thing is he never learned from his mistakes, never owned up to them, and put politics ahead of people. I wouldn't trust him to run the night shift at a Taco Bell, let alone a country.

June 16, 2024 4:29 PM MDT

Lol. So you blame Trump for Obama letting the PPE supply be depleted?  That is truly funny. 

And the inadequate BORDER SHUTDOWN???? That is LMAO funny.  The border was the most secure it has been in my lifetime and possibly yours.   Trump put in the travel ban from China and was called racist for it. But saved countless lives because of it. 

Now how do you think Fauci predicted a novel coronaviris, supposedly from natural causes in a wet market???  Perhaps because he was illegally funding gain of function research in Wuhan China...

Fauci should be in prison. 

June 16, 2024 8:11 PM MDT

Is that how the right is spinning it? Congress approves spending, Biden pledged support, which takes many forms.  BTW, the G7 freed up  $50B in frozen Russian assets to help Ukraine fund its defense.

For those who want facts:   https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/06/13/bilateral-security-agreement-between-the-united-states-of-america-and-ukraine/cts: This post was edited by Jane S at June 14, 2024 9:28 PM MDT
      June 14, 2024 7:25 PM MDT

He pleaded to fund Ukraine war for the next 10 yrs...with our weapons etc.  That is not spin.  That is a fact.  

It maybe Russian frozen assets currently but we will pay for it sooner or later. As we learned with Iran. Do you believe Russia will just allow us to take their money and do nothing about it?  If we spend it (as Biden admin has pledged to do) we will give it back with interest.

June 15, 2024 7:00 AM MDT

Please, I posted a link to the agreement.  Where does it say we agree to fund the war? Show me.That is up to Congress. Agreeing to provide arms, equipment, and training is not the same as agreeing to give them for free.

As for the Russian assets, are you saying we should not stand up to Russian aggression? The G7 includes 7 countries, so Russia is not just up against the US. 

Isolationism is not a new concept in the US. Twice, so far our reluctance to take early steps against attacks on sovereign nations, contributed to the outbreak of a World War. 
      June 15, 2024 7:41 AM MDT

If they are not paying for it with THEIR money....it is free. 

Germany is buying oil from Russia...

How do you think violating our agreement with Russia not to expand NATO westward is ever going to prevent WWIII?  

https://www.bbc.com/news/live/cl442r0yx0kt

June 15, 2024 9:23 AM MDT

You have not provided proof that the security agreement included funding Ukraine for 10 years. I provided the link to the actual agreement - that is where I get my information,  not from some biased news outlet. If Congress votes to fund Ukraine, that is separate from the bilateral Security agreement that you claim agrees to 10 years of funding. If I am wrong, then you should be able to tell me where it says that in the actual agreement. Not from some news summary, which actually doesn't say that either. 

Also, there has never been an agreement by  NATO not to expand. If you have legitimate proof otherwise, I'd sure like to see it. Originally NATO was 12 countries, now it is 32. There is an application and approval process for countries who ask to join.
      June 15, 2024 9:50 AM MDT

Your link goes to nothing....

All of the media sources are saying it is 10 yr agreement....argue with them. 

There was an agreement....they did not put it officially in writing.   But yes indeed there was. Or at least Gorbachev was led to believe that was the case in 1990. 

There are docts and speeeches showing this but no need in me going to the bother.  I could post it and it would be gone for nothing.

But here is a link to declassified docts.
    https://nsarchive.gwu.edu/briefing-book/russia-programs/2017-12-12/nato-expansion-what-gorbachev-heard-western-leaders-early#_ednref1

This post was edited by my2cents at June 15, 2024 4:14 PM MDT
      June 15, 2024 2:47 PM MDT

That was an interesting, but lengthy read. I do see how the discussion of non-expansion was part of the early negotiations in working toward a unified Germany. But, as you say, no formal agreement. You may already be aware that a lot has changed since 1990.
      June 15, 2024 6:32 PM MDT

I don't know why that link was broken. Here it is again.

https://www.whitehouse.gov/briefing-room/statements-releases/2024/06/13/bilateral-security-agreement-between-the-united-states-of-america-and-ukraine/

Again, no one is arguing about it being a 10 year agreement.  It does not agree to monetary support. This post was edited by Jane S at June 16, 2024 5:32 AM MDT
      June 15, 2024 6:33 PM MDT

So it is 10 yrs....
    Who do you think is paying for all that "support" listed in the agreement?  Again, if we take Russia frozen assets, we have to pay it back with interest (already happened with Iran)...who is paying it back? 

I say we have given the Ukraine dictator too much already. 
      June 16, 2024 6:56 AM MDT

Image result for Nope Funny
      June 15, 2024 1:16 AM MDT

Putin won't live ten more years. When he dies, the war ends.
      June 15, 2024 6:38 AM MDT