Active Now

Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Television and Movies » Guess what movie is included in a recent "100 Must-See Movies" list?

Guess what movie is included in a recent "100 Must-See Movies" list?

My Number One Favorite movie, hands down. Oh, yeah.

Director George Romero's original 1968 black-and-white "Night of the Living Dead"

First saw it at a drive-in theater  -- Dad took my older brother; older sister, one of her friends; a friend of mine, and me.
I was 12 years old.
The previous year I had read the novelization of the movie and I sincerely asked Dad to please, please, let me see the movie if it ever came to our town.
No other movie, still, has affected my entire life in wonderful-to-me ways like this movie.

The movie remains unbelievably scary to me and superlative in countless ways. I have numerous times been to where it was filmed and have met and talked with cast members and have letters from some of them.

Even as a 12-years-old boy, I knew a great movie.  :)

Posted - Wed at 12:58 AM

Responses

I have little appetite for horror movies.  In fact, as I've gotten older, I have almost no appetite for ANY movies.  I believe the last movie I saw in a theater was Ted.  
      July 3, 2024 5:08 AM MDT

Thanks for answering.  :)

I get it.  I'm recently not watching as many movies and my enjoyment for horror/scary films has lessened over the years.

What holds up so well for me for 1968 "Night of the Living Dead," without giving away too any plot details, is that it is not overly gory. It is involves seven everyday people jsut trying to figure out what is going on, and surviving. Real people, like you and me.  It's almost more of a drama to me. Makes it scary for me.

I do recommend it.  :)

The most recent movie I watched was about two weeks or so ago - "Thank You for Smoking." It was fun.

(And though it was not on this list, I also recommend Lars Von Trier's movie "Dancer in the Dark" -- the movie I call the Best Movie I've yet to see. So great.  "Night of the Living Dead" is my favorite - - "Dancer In the Dark" is the Best. Ha. though "Night of the Living Dead" is awfully close to a Best, too, for me.)
      July 3, 2024 6:54 AM MDT

Yes! It is a first-rate movie, and would easily make it into my top 25 of all time, and top five of the '60s.
      July 4, 2024 2:46 PM MDT