Active Now

Danilo_G
Malizz
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » A lifeboat is adrift at sea carrying an Australian bloke, an American dude, a case of Vegemite and a case of peanut butter.

A lifeboat is adrift at sea carrying an Australian bloke, an American dude, a case of Vegemite and a case of peanut butter.

What might happen?
  Humor appreciated, but not mandatory. [Contrary to popular belief, this is NOT about Slart and Randy D. Grrrrrrr.]
  ~

Posted - Wed at 5:49 PM

Responses

I think the Australian guy has Vegemite plants he is attempting to smuggle out of the country.  
      July 3, 2024 5:53 PM MDT

Hey, wait! The diabolical Aussies have now created a plant form of their vile pestilence? Alert the international authorities! This scourge should have been stopped at the manufacturing level during the research and development phase decades ago! Look what happens when the entire world turns a blind eye to a bad idea! Now they’re growing it like a fungus or a virus! Someone nab Slart and get him into an interrogation room immediately! I’m sure here’s behind this somehow! Grrrrrrrrr.
     ~

July 3, 2024 5:58 PM MDT

Where do you think Vegemite comes from, it doesn't grow on trees silly. 
    Rumor has, and mind you this is just a rumor; the plants were discovered deep within a salt mine, they only grow at a certain depth. Sounds impossible I know but there are many mysteries as to its origin. 
    This post was edited by . at July 4, 2024 4:34 PM MDT
      July 3, 2024 6:06 PM MDT

Alfred Hitchcock somehow comes by and makes it all a movie.

Beginner’s Guide to Alfred Hitchcock: Lifeboat (1944)
      July 3, 2024 6:14 PM MDT

A cautionary tale when you eat too much Vegemite, you will look like these people.  Banished from the land due to their excess they were forced to make a break for it on the only boat they could find.  Give up Vegemite, now, before it's too late.
      July 3, 2024 11:29 PM MDT

We’ve tried to warn the world’s population about the evils of Vegemite, I think the sane ones among us can agree that the “spin machine“ known as Australia is a powerful adversary that dupes millions of people annually into falling for the vomit-worthy V-hype.

It’s a good thing that we keep pushing peanut butter just as stringently within their country. Perhaps we can continue to teach the virtues of our product to tip the balance.
      ~

This post was edited by Randy D at July 4, 2024 4:35 PM MDT
      July 4, 2024 6:15 AM MDT

You've partially succeeded, my granddaughter is partial to the vile goop. Then again, she also likes mayonnaise so what would she know?
      July 4, 2024 6:19 AM MDT

One Aussie at a time, Matey, one Aussie at a time.
      (This is especially victorious because we’ve infiltrated the Slart family.)
      ~

July 4, 2024 7:57 AM MDT

Hate to admit it, but I fell for all the hype and purchased some a while back.  Never was I more disappointed and angry, yes, angry I had wasted my money on the vile product.  It is the most disgusting thing, disguised as a food product I've ever encountered.  They should water it down and make a bug spray out of it. 
      July 4, 2024 9:32 AM MDT

I have never had the opportunity to try Vegemite, but from what I've heard from others, it doesn't sound like something I might like to try, although that is not really fair.  When it comes to foods that I have tried and would likely never eat again (unless absolutely starving) are  Spam, artichokes and sushi.
      July 4, 2024 10:09 AM MDT

Save your money.  I wouldn't be surprised if Fauci is behind the Vegemite push. 
      July 4, 2024 11:17 AM MDT

Lol, bug spray! I love it!
      ~

July 4, 2024 1:17 PM MDT

It could have a dual purpose as a bug spray, bear spray and to keep vicious wild life away.

This post was edited by . at July 4, 2024 6:24 PM MDT
      July 4, 2024 2:09 PM MDT

Randy D's question simply and immediately made me think of another one of Alfred Hitchcock's movies that I like,
    "Lifeboat."  :)

Found a picture.
      July 4, 2024 11:47 AM MDT

Must be a knock-off of the real thing, scandalous of Hitchcock. 
      July 4, 2024 12:37 PM MDT

:) 
      July 5, 2024 4:31 PM MDT

Nothing happens as they all cancel eachother out. 
      July 3, 2024 6:16 PM MDT

The Yank develops an unexpected peanut allergy and dies from anaphylactic shock, then the Aussie dumps the rest of the vile concoction that looks and smells like the contents of an infant's diaper overboard and lives happily ever after.
      July 4, 2024 6:06 AM MDT

The entire “peanut allergy” hoax is a manufactured myth, were I the protagonist in this tale, I would never develop the malady even if it truly existed, peanut butter practically runs through my veins. Nice attempt at flipping the script Slarty Spielberg. The Randall D Randolphs of this world are tougher than that, Mate. Grrrrrrrr. 
      ~

July 4, 2024 7:52 AM MDT

HA! to that, not tough enough for Jane, that is very obvious.
      July 4, 2024 4:35 PM MDT

July 4, 2024 5:13 PM MDT

Awww po baby, the truth hurts doesn't it. 
      July 4, 2024 5:56 PM MDT

~

July 4, 2024 10:14 PM MDT

They make landfall on a jungle-clad island infested with dengue-carrying mosquitos. The American is bitten and succumbs quickly, but the Australian has eaten all the Vegemite thereby mega-dosing himself with B vitamins and making his odor repulsive to mosquitos...

...oh wait, I've just done a quick search and discovered that the vitamin B thing is a factoid with no scientific backing. But I know from experience that it can be an aid to mental sharpness and concentration, which could be helpful in a survival situation.
      July 4, 2024 2:40 PM MDT