Active Now

Slartibartfast
Element 99
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Whats the biggest threat to America’s democracy?

Whats the biggest threat to America’s democracy?

A: Donald J Trump.

B: Donald J Trump with a bandage on his ear.

Cheers and happy weekend!

Posted - July 20

Responses

Normally, I would say Donald J. Trump, but some day he will not be around and what scares me more are how many politicians and voters agree with his policies or worse, don't agree with him but go along with hi anyway.  He is unprincipled (as are they), immoral, low-IQ and generally a danger to democracy.  
      July 20, 2024 8:40 AM MDT

I used to think it was - A: Donald J Trump.

But now I can see that it is - B: Donald J Trump with a bandage on his ear.

Within an hour of the assassination attempt people were calling for the hanging of democrates and the media in the streets. And Trump just stood back with a bandage on his ear instead of announcing that's not how it works in the streets of America. Trump will milk that bandage for all it’s worth and divide the nation and brew hatred.

Cheers and happy weekend!

July 20, 2024 9:28 AM MDT

Donald Trump as an individual is not a threat to anything. He is being used to facilitate the implementation of far-right Christian nationalist policies that have been infiltrating our politics and especially our legal system for years. The people behind this movement are the real threat and defeating Donald Trump might slow them down, but it won't defeat them.  This is a topic that would be hard to discuss on a platform like answerMug, because of its complexity and the probability of triggering some members.
      July 20, 2024 9:38 AM MDT

July 20, 2024 10:39 AM MDT

C. - Apathy   
      July 20, 2024 11:40 AM MDT

Well if it is just a lack of apathy – it can be cured by catching their interest with a little School House Rock. Cheers and happy weekend. 

July 20, 2024 12:39 PM MDT

The left.
      July 20, 2024 12:11 PM MDT

Lawfare. 
      July 21, 2024 5:34 AM MDT