Active Now

Element 99
Zack
DannyPetti
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Were did Trump get that tiny pack of Tic Tac’s?

Were did Trump get that tiny pack of Tic Tac’s?

At an economic speech Trump explained economics and inflation. He pulled out a pack of Tic Tac’s from his pocket then he pulled out a tiny pack of Tic Tac’s and said – that’s inflation. At first I thought – I wish they actually made tiny packs of Tic Tac’s because I would be able to get more stuff in my cargo pants pockets. Turns out you can get tiny packs of Tic Tac’s at most corner stores and they have nothing to do with inflation. Cheers! 

Posted - August 18

Responses

Amazon.com has them I do not know if that is where the container Trump had came from or not. 

But I do plan to order some for my next trade show to Gove out. They are more expensive but cute.
      August 18, 2024 12:03 PM MDT

My corner gas station has them – almost every store sells packs of travel size tic tac’s. Trump was using it as an example of inflation. Trump could of pulled a 2 liter bottle of pop out of his pocket - then a 10 ounce pop out of pocket and said – oh look this is inflation – but it’s not. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at August 18, 2024 6:11 PM MDT
      August 18, 2024 2:44 PM MDT

Cost for them is double.  That is the inflation part. 
    It is simply a visual that demonstrates we are getting less product for the same money.

Inflation is caused by government overspending....always.
      August 18, 2024 3:12 PM MDT

Well I’m not an economics professor – but if I was given a speech about food product inflation I would use a pie chart. Cheers!

This post was edited by Nanoose at August 18, 2024 6:12 PM MDT
      August 18, 2024 3:51 PM MDT

I don't know about always, but certainly overspending, including stimulus checks, during the pandemic contributed to inflation. The thing about the economy, is that it's not like flipping a switch. The actions of one administration can affect the next administration. So, when the country opened up again, we had shortages due to supply chain disruptions, but people had money to spend.
      August 19, 2024 7:46 AM MDT

True always is not ever the case, there are "always" exceptions. 

But the government is who is in charge of how much money is in circulation and overprinting of money causes inflation. 

Also excessive demand will cause inflation.   For example all of the illegals coming in through the border....these people have to live somewhere. So this causes housing prices to inflate.
    Harris/Walz proposal to give $25k to first time home buyers will only serve to inflate home values by $25k.

August 19, 2024 8:59 AM MDT

No one reason for the housing shortage, but all the people buying properties to turn into AirBNB's in not an insignificant factor.

You may be right about the down payments. It's just like in states that provide vouchers to parents for private schooling, it drove up tuition costs and didn't help the people who needed it.
      August 19, 2024 9:39 AM MDT

That is also why college tuition is crazy now. 

ABnBs are not that prevalent in small towns.  So they are not near the as significant as the MILLIONS being brought in yearly under Biden/Harris admin.  

But all of it really comes down to the government printing too much money...promising to much to everybody. 
      August 19, 2024 9:54 AM MDT