Active Now

Flint Ironstag
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » (I already know what kinds of answers some of you will post.) What have you ever begged for or had to beg for?

(I already know what kinds of answers some of you will post.) What have you ever begged for or had to beg for?

[~]

Posted - August 29

Responses

I don't beg but I'm sure there are people who beg...a lot, the homeless for one. 

This post was edited by . at September 1, 2024 6:49 PM MDT
      August 29, 2024 1:27 PM MDT

I can't recall begging for anything. I'm sure I did when I was a youngster.
      August 29, 2024 2:15 PM MDT

CocaCola.  We did not have soda in our home growing up.  It was a true treat when I got to enjoy it, like at someone else's home or a party.  We had a glass milk jug that kept ice water in the frig and I think everyone in the house drank straight from it when they thought no one could see them.  Thing was there were rarely glasses in the sink to be washed. 
      August 29, 2024 3:55 PM MDT

Customer yesterday.   Not begging exactly.

They have a resin statue that is peeling and in need of repaint and repairs.   I do not like painting people statues. (This is a sitting boy with a dog)  I was trying to explain that I do not do resin.   We do concrete. I cannot repair it.  And cannot put my paint sealer on it.  (My sealer melts plastic and I would be afraid of what it might do to their item)  
    They were very insistent.  And told me how a friend had got it for them in memory of their son and his dog who both were killed by a drunk driver.  I thought the Mom was going to start crying on me.  So anyway I agreed to just repaint...no repairs and no sealing.  Got it done today....it does look better.
      August 29, 2024 6:03 PM MDT

Compelling story, rich, nicely written, thank you for sharing it with all of us. Say, listen, just changing the subject a wee bit: what have you ever begged for or had to beg for?

___

August 29, 2024 9:06 PM MDT

Sorry, I read that as you begged for or you have been begged for..

I am sure there was something I begged for as a child but nothing I can think of at the moment. 
      August 30, 2024 7:49 AM MDT

Thank you.
      ~

September 1, 2024 12:22 PM MDT

The crown!
      September 1, 2024 12:27 PM MDT

Wait, you had to beg for it? They should have asked me! I would have vouched for you to receive it right away, you know that I would have!

~

September 1, 2024 5:37 PM MDT

When I was around 12 years old - -  I was so intrigued and excited by this book cover I saw in the book store while we were in the mall, that I think I probably begged my parents if I could get this book.

They let me.  :)

September 1, 2024 6:49 PM MDT