Active Now

Shuhak
Spunky
DannyPetti
Discussion » Questions » Politics » If the bone spurs thingy hadn’t worked would Trump of pulled a Klinger?

If the bone spurs thingy hadn’t worked would Trump of pulled a Klinger?

In the TV series M*A*S*H – Klinger tried to get a Section 8 by cross dressing and I think Trump would of tried the same thing. But it might of worked for Trump because he has no fashion sence. And when the Army psychiatrist examined him he would of thought – a purple and green moo moo with horizontal stripes and an extra long red tie – this guy must be nuts. Cheers!

Posted - Wed at 8:20 AM

Responses

I guess we will never know. 

But we do know, it did not work for Walz, he had to quit. This post was edited by my2cents at September 18, 2024 7:07 PM MDT
      September 18, 2024 11:32 AM MDT

Walz was three years past retirement and put in for it before his unit was deployed. Military personnel can't just quit, he put in for retirement more than a month before anybody knew that the unit was going anywhere. Had he been required to deploy, they would have refused his retirement.
    At least he did serve, 23 years. Trump punked out.
      September 18, 2024 5:55 PM MDT

Did not put in before he knew the unit was going to be deployed.  As a leader of the unit he knew in the fall of the previous year.   And he did not follow the chain of command in his request to retire.  

Then has the never to claim a rank he did not have.   
      September 18, 2024 7:12 PM MDT

To be fair, almost everyone who could get out of going to Vietnam did so. It was not a popular war. Most of those who ended up going were too poor to go to college, had no political connections or couldn't find a doctor to claim a medical issue. Tens of thousands fled to Canada. My point is, with all the millions of reasons that Trump isn't fit to be president, why do we waste time on the bone spurs deal? Most young men would have done the same thing. Although, since being gay was a reason to get rejected, some men planned to wear lace-trimmed panties to their induction physical and Trump could have tried that.
      September 18, 2024 6:21 PM MDT

I think the reason Trump earned the bone spur name is because he didn’t serve his country but he had the nerve to bad mouth those that did. Like he didn’t think McCain was a hero because he got captured or fallen soldiers were suckers and losers. And as Commander in Chief Trump canceled going to the graves of soldiers in France because of a little rain. Cheers!
      September 19, 2024 6:11 AM MDT

Thanks for putting that into perspective for me. You are right. Many of the soldiers he denigrated fought in WWI and WWII. He doesn't understand the concept of fighting for a cause that's bigger than yourself. And that includes his reasons for wanting to be president. 
      September 19, 2024 6:32 AM MDT

I thought of another one – once on a talk show Trump said that avoiding STDs was his personal Vietnam. I actually think Trump is the kind of guy that would have a STD but tell a woman he was clean as a whistle. Cheers!

September 19, 2024 6:58 AM MDT