Active Now

Malizz
 Christmas Cheer
Discussion » Questions » Current Events and News » It is getting close, have we had any October Surprises?

It is getting close, have we had any October Surprises?

None? 
Are any coming? 
Or did we have some but the media buried them like the Hunter laptop story in Oct 2020?

Posted - October 19

Responses

Regardless, that story came out last summer. Just as certain stories about Trumps health issues have been circulating for quite some time. I haven't seen those stories on corporate media either. I hope it warmed your heart to repeat that story one time.
      October 20, 2024 9:51 AM MDT

I only heard about the alleged abuse by Kamala's husband recently around the beginning of Oct. I did not mention it until 10/8/24.    So at least my media sources were not covering it since last summer. 

And Kamala's plagarism story just broke recently as well. 
      October 20, 2024 10:06 AM MDT

"Vice President Kamala Harris was accused of plagiarizing her 2009 book, “Smart on Crime: A Career Prosecutor’s Plan to Make Us Safer.” Immediately, the New York Times ran a column citing a “plagiarism consultant” named Jonathan Bailey who suggested that, while Harris plagiarized from sources like Wikipedia, it was nothing to “make a big deal of it.”

Bailey took to social media Monday to confirm he had not done a full analysis of the book and that his “quotes were based on information provided to me by the reporters and spoke only about those passages.”

https://thehill.com/opinion/campaign/4935406-is-kamala-harris-a-plagiarizer/

"Jonathan Bailey, publisher of the online site Plagiarism Today, said in a blog post on Tuesday that the cited alleged instances of plagiarism from Harris' book are examples of "sloppy writing habits, not a malicious intent to defraud."

https://www.usatoday.com/story/news/politics/elections/2024/10/16/harris-plagiarism-christopher-rufo/75699787007/

October 20, 2024 12:49 PM MDT

Are you under the impression that Bailey is who discovered/reported Kamala's plagiarism? 

He is not.  The person who exposed Kamala's plagiarism is Dr. Stefan Weber and he put out a 49 page report on it. 

Of course the NYT and USA Today tried to defend her even going so far as to call people racist for noticing.  
      October 20, 2024 2:16 PM MDT

It doesn't matter whether Bailey discovered it or not.  He reviewed the writing and came to that conclusion.  
      October 20, 2024 2:22 PM MDT

From your post: Bailey took to social media Monday to confirm he had not done a full analysis of the book and that his “quotes were based on information provided to me by the reporters and spoke only about those passages.”
      October 20, 2024 2:28 PM MDT

are examples of "sloppy writing habits, not a malicious intent to defraud."
      October 20, 2024 3:10 PM MDT

So he is running cover for Kamala.

She plagiarized Wikipedia.....she could have at least picked a more reputable source to copy.      Sloppy writing habits....yeah Kamala was sloppy about giving credit to those who She stole from. 
      October 21, 2024 7:18 AM MDT

More reputable you mean like FOX News?  Sure.
      October 21, 2024 7:40 AM MDT

No, like Michelle Obama. 
      October 21, 2024 10:26 AM MDT

Fox is certainly better than Wiki.   MSNDC is more reliable as long as they are not talking politics. 
      October 21, 2024 6:03 PM MDT