Active Now

Spunky
Malizz
Discussion » Questions » Politics » And the nightmare continues. What position is Sara Palin going to be awarded? She's too old to be a mistress.

And the nightmare continues. What position is Sara Palin going to be awarded? She's too old to be a mistress.

Posted - November 11, 2016

Responses

• That's what I said under the wrong poll. lol
      November 11, 2016 12:48 PM MST

You do know that Palin never said that, right? Tina Fey said it on Saturday Night Live.
      November 11, 2016 6:30 PM MST

The interview was edited also. ABC (I think) edited out the majority of her answer to that question. I used to have the full transcript showing how much they edited out of her answers. It was quite interesting.
      November 11, 2016 7:29 PM MST

My 2 Cents.

I forget to whom I am talking.  I did not really care if she saw Russia from her back yard.  She said it was so close you can see it from Alaska. 

As IF this makes it more sensible when talking about understanding Russian foreign policy.

We are not making fun of her words of BACKYARD.  We are making fun because she thinks a close approximation gives her some vantage point of knowledge about how Russia operates.

I can see the other side of the Grand Canyon from Arizona but even that close, I have no clue what those folks are doing on the other side, and they are Americans.    I sure as hell know she doesn't know one thing about anyone Russian.  She probably cannot even name a Russian. 
      November 11, 2016 7:55 PM MST

Boy, you just can't LET THIS ONE GO, can you?

I remind you Ronald Reagan actually DID SAY that he'd outlawed Russia and bombing was going to begin in five minutes.

Curious how your attachment to literal words is (based on evidence to date) COMPLETELY driven by your (RAWF) political ideology...;-D....

November 11, 2016 7:20 PM MST

Yes I like actual facts ....complete with real quotes. I make no apologies for that.
      November 11, 2016 7:25 PM MST

Actually she did say that.

And My 2 Cents, she said SO MUCH WORSE that the possibilities are endless with what we can make fun of her about.  Are you SERIOUSLY on HER side TOO?   Is there no end to your reality show mind?
      November 11, 2016 7:23 PM MST

No she did not. Tina Fey said it on SNL. Just as WW explained as well.

November 11, 2016 7:39 PM MST

I think you need to read my other answer.  I was not talking about VERBATIM I was talking about what Tina Fey was blatantly pointing out that was so idiotic in her words that she DID say.

And please do not go on with how the Media made her look stupid you two.  She did it ALL herself.  So they edited out some stuff.  SO WHAT?  This imbecile couldn't say a sane thing if her life depended on it. 

Best Answer: "GIBSON: What insight into Russian actions, particularly in the last couple of weeks, does the proximity of the state give you?

PALIN: They're our next door neighbors and you can actually see Russia from land here in Alaska, from an island in Alaska.

GIBSON: What insight does that give you into what they're doing in Georgia?

PALIN: Well, I'm giving you that perspective of how small our world is and how important it is that we work with our allies to keep good relation with all of these countries, especially Russia. We will not repeat a Cold War. We must have good relationship with our allies, pressuring, also, helping us to remind Russia that it's in their benefit, also, a mutually beneficial relationship for us all to be getting along. "
      November 11, 2016 7:58 PM MST

• unbeknownst  to many ,  ...Technically .  Palin is correct  .  you can see  parts  of Russia from certain vantage points  in Alaska  .   especially from  the island  mentioned above  .  she is also correct they are  "neighbors".   in fact  , Alaska   used to be part of  Russia  .  etc etc  .. 

where she fails is  ; how   looking at an uninhabited area of frozen  tundra , gives some insight to  foreign relations / policy . 

November 11, 2016 10:56 PM MST

Ambassador to the Bering Straits.
      November 11, 2016 12:29 PM MST

I cannot bear the thought of her.
      November 11, 2016 1:03 PM MST

I can't bear the sound of her.  In fact, she could well be our best "weapon" against ISIS.  All we have to do is broadcast her speeches over the areas where ISIS has taken control.  If they don't all shoot themselves in the head, we could probably capture the four or five left.
      November 11, 2016 1:13 PM MST

I am glad you are getting spunky about Sarah, senior!  She is the worst thought of all.
      November 11, 2016 3:37 PM MST

She can clean the toilets.
      November 11, 2016 1:02 PM MST

I wouldn't even trust her with that duty.
      November 11, 2016 1:04 PM MST

Upon reflection, you're probably right. 
      November 11, 2016 1:11 PM MST

You said "duty".

If it's his goal to destroy this country, he is off to a good start.
      November 11, 2016 1:05 PM MST

Secretary of the Interior. I think. I doubt Trump wants any women.
      November 11, 2016 1:23 PM MST

Secretary of the Inferior is more like it.

SNL  and Jimmy Kimmel is going to have soooo much material for the next 4 years.  
      November 11, 2016 1:32 PM MST

I can't wait to hear what Bill Maher says about all of this tonight.
      November 11, 2016 1:54 PM MST

Comedy is the only way I am coping right now.
      November 11, 2016 1:55 PM MST