Active Now

Element 99
Shuhak
Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » Which would you rather: Change the past? or change the future?

Which would you rather: Change the past? or change the future?

Posted - July 4, 2016

Responses

I am not really sure because the past is what has made me the person I am today, despite the heartaches & trauma.

July 4, 2016 5:32 PM MDT

the future, you cant live in the past

July 4, 2016 6:25 PM MDT

I would just as soon know the historic truth about the past rather than have any change.
      July 4, 2016 6:34 PM MDT

The future! I don't want to go through the headache of paradoxes a tears in space-time!

July 5, 2016 12:14 AM MDT
  • Bez

I would change the future so that it ends up bringing the past back.

July 5, 2016 12:19 AM MDT

The future. Meddling with the past can have the potential to cause damage to the present and I feel like I can accept the way things currently are, so I wouldn't risk changing my past for the off-chance things might work out to my advantage. I'm also pretty content with the person I've become because of certain past situations including the negative experiences. I have no idea what the future holds but if I have the opportunity to make a positive outcome certain, might as well give it a try :)

July 5, 2016 12:23 AM MDT

That makes no sense to me.  Why?  What's done is done.   Whatever is meant to happen will.  Why stress about what cannot ever be undone?  It is far better to put much less emphasis on wanting that.  Put it in its place of not that important, and your life will soon return to balance.  That is what you should be seeking, not longing for what is not and never will be because it has already happened a certain way in the past.

If small things have the power to disturb you, then who you think you are is exactly that: small.

July 5, 2016 12:56 AM MDT

We can't change what happened, and any time used to think about that will be taken from the presence where we can influence our future. That said its hard changing something that hasn't happened. We can change our approaches in the presence to influence our future, but that will be about it. IMHO.
      July 5, 2016 2:07 AM MDT

Neither. The past has made me who I am. I don't want to change the future, that would just make me less careful and unappreciative of the present.
      July 5, 2016 6:37 AM MDT

• If I changed the past .. that would automatically change the future.

July 5, 2016 7:27 AM MDT

• Well I don't what the future holds so I would change the past. 

July 5, 2016 7:28 AM MDT

I can only change the present so that I can have a better future.

July 5, 2016 1:19 PM MDT