Active Now

Element 99
Malizz
Thebigd
Discussion » Questions » Politics » Do you have a subscription to the online "National Review Magazine"?

Do you have a subscription to the online "National Review Magazine"?

I like magazines---all kinds. I buy them all the time and have a few subscriptions. The "National Review" has a free subscription for one year. I signed up for it, but I'm not sure I like it. It is way toooooo conservative for me. I do take another "conservative" magazine called "The Week", but they are more informative than "bat-****" crazy. So tell me your opinion about "National Review". I don't want to pull my hair out with them. Are they legit?

Posted - January 10, 2017

Responses

I don't subscribe to online political magazines - I just read stuff, usually through links from realclearpolitics.com.
      January 10, 2017 1:02 PM MST

No I don't.
      January 10, 2017 1:47 PM MST

No, I don't. Sometimes it's free for a year because that's the only way anyone will read it ;)

If you're interested in a magazine that promotes informative, albeit opposing viewpoints, the Mises Institute is an excellent choice. They post dailies, but also highly informative classic works from libertarian and some conservative economists, columnists and other educated thinkers on a variety of topics. It's also free.
      January 10, 2017 4:23 PM MST

The Week, if we're referring to the same thing, is hardly conservative. It tries hard to be middle of the road but leans slightly to the left. It comes in the mail weekly. Compiles news and features from other sources. Always very colorful artwork on the front cover. No advertising. No original reporting.
      January 10, 2017 11:00 PM MST

The Weekly Standard is legit. It is conservative. But they don't like Trump maybe you will be able to stomach them. They even had an issue in the primaries dedicated to how Trump should not be the nominee. They had all the "talking heads" in it saying how Trump was unworthy.  But they may have warmed up to him by now.
      January 11, 2017 4:25 AM MST