Active Now

Slartibartfast
Danilo_G
Malizz
my2cents
Discussion » Questions » Human Behavior » Some people have a Litmus Test for what a Christian should be. Do you? If so what is it exactly and what makes you think God approves?

Some people have a Litmus Test for what a Christian should be. Do you? If so what is it exactly and what makes you think God approves?

Posted - January 11, 2017

Responses

i dont have that test
      January 11, 2017 9:47 AM MST

• I don't. No. But I guess a Christian is somebody who believes that the Christian gospel is true and more-or-less centres their life around that belief. 

Now if you'd asked if there were a litmus test for a "true" Christian that would open an entertaining, controversial can of worms...
      January 11, 2017 10:14 AM MST

I don't know if it is really a fair question to ask but i have put this to a few Christian persons 'suppose Jesus came to you and said that Satan will release 2 sinners from hell if you are willing to go in their place;  would you go?' Their replies have always been 'no I would not be willing to do that' or deflect by saying Jesus would not do that.
    I think a true and faithful Christian should be willing to go having faith that Jesus would have a plan in mind to rescue them before ever asking that Christian person  to do that.
      January 11, 2017 10:38 AM MST