Discussion » Questions » Life and Society » How would you feel about government spying on you collecting data on your lifestyle/purchases/interests and having a dossier on you? WHY?

How would you feel about government spying on you collecting data on your lifestyle/purchases/interests and having a dossier on you? WHY?

Posted - January 12, 2017

Responses

I KNOW I would not like that. Thank you for your reply pearl and Happy Friday! :)
      January 13, 2017 2:27 AM MST

Short answer...I really don't care.
      January 12, 2017 12:54 PM MST

Different strokes ele. Thank you for your reply and Happy Friday.
      January 13, 2017 2:26 AM MST

• It really wouldn't be all that hard for them to do. Every time you use an electronic device, you leave some kind of trail. All the comments, questions, blogs, photos and whatever we post here or on other sites are public record that anyone can log on and look at. Some sites, like this one, you have to be a member of in order to 'see' inside....How hard would it be for someone to create an account? Besides, you can see some of it from the log-on page anyway.  
      January 12, 2017 2:14 PM MST

• Hi. :)
      January 12, 2017 5:57 PM MST

• HI :)
      January 13, 2017 4:21 AM MST

True. Some say if you don't do anything wrong you have nothing to fear. I used to believe that. I no longer do. You have no control over the nature of information put in such files. MANUFACTURED information based on lies can be there as well as where you were born, to whom you married and where you work. Your a** can be hauled to jail and you can be left there to rot if the  case against you is corrupt enough. Or they can execute you. So we have everything to fear from those who would do the collecting and  be in charge of what goes into your "record". Someone who simply doesn't like you can cause you great harm. An evil time lies ahead. I wonder how many of us will survive and what kind of country we will have left after 4 years? Or what kind of world? Perhaps I won't be here. I am old.  If I'm not here I won't have to witness it. That would be a blessing. Thank you for your reply Karen and Happy Friday. On January 21 all over the world there will be Women's Marches protesting Trump. Millions of people will show their contempt for him and he will go nuts and try to spin it but it won't work. He will so busy tweeting attacks against all of us he will have no time for anything else. I say bring it on! :(
      January 13, 2017 2:34 AM MST

• Good morning Rosie. 
    When I hear about that actually happening, then I'll worry about it, or probably not. I seriously doubt your average Joe is in jeopardy over this. It makes for great TV and movie plots, but I really don't see it happening in real life. If someone is always making threats, then maybe, but not someone just letting off a little steam with harmless rants.  
      January 13, 2017 4:24 AM MST

It's hard to care when you don't.
      January 12, 2017 5:33 PM MST

It's harder to not care when you do. Thank you for your reply Zack and Happy Friday to you! :)
      January 13, 2017 2:12 AM MST