Discussion » Questions » Animals (Wild) » Dogs or Cats?

Dogs or Cats?

Ok, I know, I know. This is the equivalent of attacking somebody's religion or politics, but which do you prefer, and why? Can dog owners and cat owners peacefully co-exist as neighbours? 

Posted - January 31, 2017

Responses

She is a total delight, she is my morning sunshine.
      February 1, 2017 8:06 AM MST

I have both dogs and cats but I don't understand why people want to pick one animal over another and take sides.  My dogs and cats get along just fine with each other.

I also have rabbits, fish, horses, a donkey and some cows.
      January 31, 2017 5:45 PM MST

• Livvie I live in Sydney and it's traditional for us to mock anybody who hails from Melbourne. We tell all manner of unkind jokes (Tasmania is an aboriginal word meaning Not Far Enough From Melbourne) yet it's a really nice city. 

It's like that with dog and cat owners. Most of us enjoy both animals but it's TRADITIONAL for us to snipe at each other. And good fun, too. 

Well, except for Plimsby, maybe. I think he really means it. :( 
      January 31, 2017 8:13 PM MST

I get that with locations because we like to do the same thing with other states here so yeah, I live 8 1/2 miles from Minnesota so I love ribbing them.  My dad moved to Minnesota when he got married so I don't know what he was thinking.  He crossed over to the dark side!

I'm from South Dakota and I hear South Dakota has a twin just to the north of us that nobody likes to talk about. This post was edited by Livvie at February 1, 2017 3:11 PM MST
      February 1, 2017 12:23 PM MST

• Will always be a cat person. Cats are just so much like me: they're lazy, they're independent, they're aloof, and you can't make them do anything they don't want to do. Describes me to a T. 
      January 31, 2017 5:59 PM MST

• You make a good case for them. I'm glad I'm not the judge. :)
      January 31, 2017 8:14 PM MST

• I'm a dog person, always have been always will be! I don't currently have a dog though....look forward to maybe getting one soon!
      January 31, 2017 6:05 PM MST

• Life without a dog? I'd as soon have a life without food. :(
      January 31, 2017 8:15 PM MST

Cats can be quite cool- if you get the right one. but im more of a dog person (smaller dogs like Pekingese and pugs), gender? i prefer to have a female. 
      January 31, 2017 9:24 PM MST

• Yeah, we like small and female too. Nice dogs.
      January 31, 2017 10:50 PM MST

Why the one or the other? I can be both. Oh. Ahem. Like Livvie, I got both, not the donkey, the cow, or the horses though. Mhmm.
      February 1, 2017 1:03 AM MST

• A sapphic priestess, a dog and a cat, all living in harmony. You're a fine example of ecumenical tolerance, SH. 
      February 1, 2017 2:39 AM MST

Easy peasy, not being religious. I'm only human. Ahem. This post was edited by Benedict Arnold at February 1, 2017 3:09 AM MST
      February 1, 2017 2:42 AM MST

• I'm shutting down for the night. Back tomorrow. Have fun. 
      February 1, 2017 2:48 AM MST

See ya. Have a lovely evening/night. :-)
      February 1, 2017 2:53 AM MST